Williams had both cars in the points once again, reducing Force India’s lead over them in the constructors’ championship to seven points.
|Rubens Barrichello||Nico H?â??lkenberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’21.331 (+0.056)||1’21.275|
|Average race lap||1’27.980 (+0.233)||1’27.747|
Frustrated by traffic in qualifying, Barrichello started outside the top ten for the first time since Montreal.
Despite opting to run the medium tyres he made an excellent start to run ninth.
But when the safety car came out the team chose not to pit him, feeling the super-soft tyres he would have to switch to would not last the rest of the race distance. They may regret that decision as Sebastien Buemi did just that and, although his times slowed in the final 20 laps, he was not overtaken.
By staying out Barrichello nearly jumped ahead of Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa. As it was he spent several laps heading a queue of cars which he fell back into after making his pit stop.
He emerged in 11th behind Michael Schumacher and the former team mates fought bitterly for the final point, Schumacher going to extreme lengths to keep Barrichello behind.
After Barrichello finally squeezed past – despite Schumacher pushing him up to the pit wall, across the pit lane exit and part of the grass – he got on the radio to demand Schumacher’s disqualification. He was even more vehement in his criticism after the race, telling reporters:
If he wants to go to heaven before me ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ if he goes to heaven, I don?óÔé¼Ôäót know if he goes to heaven. But if he wants to go before me, go up or down, I don?óÔé¼Ôäót want to go before him.
Out-qualified his team mate for the third time this year to start tenth, though he was the best part of half a second slower in Q3 than he was in Q2.
Stayed out of trouble on race day to bring the car home sixth – the best result of his F1 career so far.
2010 Hungarian Grand Prix
- Technical review: German and Hungarian Grands Prix
- From the stands: Nikolai Vogler watches two races in one week
- Ecclestone asks Hungarian President “Was your crown made in China?”
- Michael defends Barrichello strategy
- How F1 can make pit stops safer
- 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- A move too far: Schumacher forces stewards to take a stand
- Who was the best driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull mark 100th F1 start with win (Hungarian Grand Prix facts and stats)
- Red Bull fly to victory but FIA set to clip their wings (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others