Rate the race: Hungary

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (4%)
  • 4 (6%)
  • 5 (9%)
  • 6 (16%)
  • 7 (26%)
  • 8 (22%)
  • 9 (8%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 1,928

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix articles

104 comments on Rate the race: Hungary

1 2 3 4
  1. Robbie said on 1st August 2010, 14:48

I’m gutted about Hamilton’s mechanical failure, he was doing well and would’ve kept his championship lead if his car was fine. He might have even had a chance for a podium. Anyway this turned out to be more exciting than I thought it would be, what with the safety car but it was still fairly processional though.

The most exciting thing about that race after the pit lane incident was Rubinho vs Schumey. Schumacher’s defensive move was awful, that could’ve been a dreadful crash. I literally winced as I saw that live onboard shot. Glad Rubens got ahead though, that was superb driving from him.

Also Vettel’s drive through and his hand gesture in the pits was hilarious. As much as I don’t like either of them, I’m glad Alonso held Vettel up and I’m really happy that Mark Webber won. Aussie grit ftw.

Roll on Spa. I believe McLaren can bring back the points they lost there, being a fast and low downforce track but also because McLaren have weeks to develop now.

2. glue said on 1st August 2010, 14:49

an 8, actually..webber showed a true champion’s maturity and seeing a couple of drivers doing their best races yet (Petrov, De la Rosa)

3. razer1453535 said on 1st August 2010, 14:52

Great race, Webber gets back where he was before in the points lead, Seb loses win to help Webber too, chaos in the pits, Rosberg’s wheel, tightened up the gap in the WDC. Plus, BARRICHELLO VS SCHUMACHER!! If this race has a poor rating you know a lot of peaople were voting purley on Mclaren’s poor result today.

• Victor. said on 1st August 2010, 15:48

Bar the events resulting from the SC (Webbe passing Vettel, Kubica and Sutil, Rosberg) the race was pretty much a procession, with the exception of the Schumi and Robinho incident.

• TomD11 (@tomd11) said on 1st August 2010, 16:59

Exactly, I’m really not seeing what was great from a racing point of view. Yes the SC livened things up a bit but the only close battle was Alonso/Vettel. A battle which Vettel only got himself into by being a plonker and then never once looked like getting by. Otherwise it was a procession with Schumi losing that place, in spectacular fashion, at the end. The only other incident was the pit lane chaos which isn’t really great racing, so I’m at a bit of a loss razer.

• Mike said on 2nd August 2010, 8:14

Well, to be honest, I reckon if you didn’t enjoy that race, your probably getting pretty thin on what counts as a good race.

For me, this has to be, one of the, if on the best Seasons I’ve seen, every race there’s action, If only Legard was mute! mute I say!

• Enrique Miguel said on 1st August 2010, 16:18

indeed you are right most poor votes will be made by mclaren fans…

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 1st August 2010, 16:21

• Macca (@macca) said on 1st August 2010, 16:42

For me, I vote on the race based on how hard my heart is beating. Usally it is thumping at the start of the race but in this one it was pounding out of my chest for about 20 laps as Webber was trying to pull away from Alonso. It’s for this reason that I have given the race a 9.

• US_Peter said on 1st August 2010, 20:27

I’m by no means a McLaren fan, and I voted 5 simply on how processional it was. When the Red Bull is clearly so much faster than the Ferrari and still can’t overtake, it’s a pretty boring track. The only really gripping moments of the race were Barichello’s pass on Schumi, and Webber pulling the 20 second gap on Alonso.

4. Great race. Before the safety car was a bit boring. Post safety car was pretty good. Vettel probably feeling pretty dirty about the drive through. Alonso did well to hold him off. Schumacher’s move on Barrichello was very dirty, I think he should be handed a pretty severe penalty for that. Great win by Webber though.

5. Damon said on 1st August 2010, 14:53

4 – and that’s very generous.

If a pitlane accident is the most entertaining thing that happend during the race… then it tells you what the race was like.

• Christian said on 1st August 2010, 16:36

Exactly how I feel. I think people are rating it higher because they expected a Red Bull walk-over and didn’t quite get that. Although without the SC it would have been dull dull dull.

What happened to bring the SC out anyway? A Force India car caught up in something, but what?

• sasbus said on 1st August 2010, 16:58

Actually I see no point giving this more than 1, exactly like the last race. There was no real challenge to the RBs today. They could have easily lapped everyone if they needed. The only resistance came from Alonso (who truly showed his superiority to Massa today).

Finally we were made to believe that refueling was dangerous. Today we saw how bad the situation is when the SC is out.

BAN pit lane from opening when SC is out!

• Mike said on 1st August 2010, 20:11

1? 1? are you serious?
        Do you actually enjoy watching racing cars?
        Or maybe your reception cut out?

1? Your not watching it upside down are you?

• sasbus said on 2nd August 2010, 16:53

Contrary to what you just said I urge you to go to:

to see serious driving.

I getting fed up of seeing whines who look like ballerinas racing. Oh what my front wing; Oh watch the wall. Come on this is racing we should get more fun out of it.

By no means I am saying that we should see more accidents but waiting for a Grand Prix to be determined by the SC exit is ridiculous.

There are just too many restriction in F1. Who builds the best wing wins.

6. not a bad race. lots of action even inside the pits. track needs to be revised. no room for overtaking. of course Rubens will disagree :)

7. bosyber said on 1st August 2010, 14:55

Well, better than I dared hope yesterday, sort of the start that I had hoped Alonso could make, I had some hope Hamilton could have done better so that he might be a bit in the fight, but we saw Petrov doing well instead, until he gave HAM an easy pass.

SC was hectic and rather weird, glad noone got very seriously injured, sorry for Sutil and Kubica, and Rosberg.

Red Bull did do weird things with Vettel, but Webber rose to the occasion splendidly.

Jay for Barrichello, boo for Schumacher. Great work Petrov, and the whole of Sauber. Button, dissapointing.

I gave it a 6.

• rmac923 said on 1st August 2010, 15:03

What Bosyber said. (Too lazy to type now)

6/10

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 2nd August 2010, 7:52

I felt generous and gave it a 7. The start was nice, i liked the pass from Hamilton on Petrov and we had some nice tries in the mid field.

Then the procession set in until the pitstops and the SC (i was watching on Czech TV and nobody did even try to explain what parts were there on track).
      Then it was pretty exiting with Webber pulling the great gap and Vettels drive through letting Alonso jump him.
      Funny question from Massa weather Alonso had cought Webber.
      Hoora for Barricello showing his old pal around, Schumi just couldn’t resist the urge for dirty driving (glad nobody got hurt).
      I am glad Petrov got a good result, really showed us what’s in him (although he might have fought harder with Hamilton), De la Rosa finally getting a decent result in as well.

8. newnhamlea1 (@newnhamlea1) said on 1st August 2010, 14:58

Damn eni for giving out their crap wire contraptions as a trophies, i much prefered the beautiful clay trophies from last year.

• chaostheory said on 1st August 2010, 15:29

Any trophies are better than the Santander ones, which looks like a poo.

• damonsmedley said on 1st August 2010, 15:39

Are there any trophies left that aren’t an advertisement?

• pSynrg said on 1st August 2010, 15:47

I agree they’re not ‘classic’ trophies but since when was advertising in F1 somehow unusual?

These guys bank rolled the event – this is what they get for what we get…

• sato113 said on 1st August 2010, 17:56

all monaco trohpies, silverstone winner’s trophy, all Melbourne tophies, Suzuka winner’s, Interlagos all trophies, Bahrain all trophies, all china’s, and many more…

9. Ben Curly said on 1st August 2010, 14:59

Surprisingly entertaining race for such a terrible, boring track. I voted 6.

• Ben Curly said on 1st August 2010, 15:01

Oh, and Renault’s lollipop man should probably be fired.

• hismajesty said on 1st August 2010, 15:11

I second that! Give the blind man an F1 job!

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 2nd August 2010, 7:54

Maybe he was looking at Rosbers wheel jumping around (looking up so he took the lollipop up as well) :-(

• RaulZ said on 2nd August 2010, 11:54

They calculate the difference and do they work specting everybody is keeping the distances.
          It happened that the fact of the wheel stop the cars behind rosberg so Force india get his position later than renault thought.
          They do it mechanically and they don’t look if a car’s comming.

10. redbullet said on 1st August 2010, 15:00

I voted 10 because of Hamilton’s DNF.

11. GaryF1 said on 1st August 2010, 15:01

What a ridiculous move by Schuey, good on Rubens for keeping his foot in it and getting past!

Really enjoyed what I expected to be a dull procession!

12. Sandman said on 1st August 2010, 15:01

A 7, but i took into consideration its Hungary, should be a 5 i guess.

Also, to mr MSC: You, sir, are a disgrace. I hope you quit ASAP.

13. William said on 1st August 2010, 15:02

How could weber be that much better than second? It is disappointing that Hamilton had to retire and I do think that saftey car call was fair. Schumacher needs to start racing like every other driver he’s not racing for championship so why almost crash baracello? Overall fair amount of excitement but most of the action happened in the back.

14. peter said on 1st August 2010, 15:03

That move that Schumi pulled on Ruben’s was totally out of order, no excuse! The result could have been high speed contact with the wall & a major shunt.

Once again he reminds everybody of his comfort with putting another driver (even a former teammate) into the wall.

Just retire Michael!

15. jackal said on 1st August 2010, 15:04

4, other than the pit incidents and Rubens pass of Schumi, not all that exciting. Good to see Webber finish in front of Seb and Alonso.

What’s up with Seb’s hand gestures during the drive through? I’d call it a lack of maturity.

1 2 3 4