Rate the race: Hungary

What did you think of the Hungarian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (4%)
  • 4 (6%)
  • 5 (9%)
  • 6 (16%)
  • 7 (26%)
  • 8 (22%)
  • 9 (8%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 1,928

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Hungarian Grand Prix articles

104 comments on Rate the race: Hungary

1. RobR (@robr) said on 1st August 2010, 15:22

Schumacher should get a race ban for that move.

2. Mike said on 1st August 2010, 15:22

I really enjoyed that race, not much passing, but there was still a lot of competition, it wasn’t just a follow the leader event.

Schumacher, As much as I love him, did wrong, that could have been dangerous.
    But did you hear DC? The hypocrisy! Here is the man who defended Alonso and Ferrari, and now talked about the history from the Schumacher Rubens…
    Something tells me Schumacher wasn’t watching the road.

The safety car caused absolute chaos didn’t it?!? brilliant, Ferrari, did well, it pains me to say it but They impressed me then.

I feel sorry for Vettel, his penalty was right, he broke a rule, it was tough but fair.
    But so help me Zeus is Ferrari doesn’t have it’s bit cut off for the effort at Germany…

I really enjoyed that race, looks so much better when it’s green.

3. William Wilgus said on 1st August 2010, 15:23

Now an EX-Schumi fan.

4. dragon said on 1st August 2010, 15:23

As an impartial race fan, perhaps 7 – it was processional before the SC. As an avid Webber fan, however…10. Calm, cool-headed driving behind Alonso, and then a blistering stint on worn softs to create the gap. Brilliant!

5. Maksutov said on 1st August 2010, 15:25

I agree with newnhamlea1, pitting during the safety car needs to be banned.

Schumachers defensive move on Barr, well yes pretty hard and unfair, but Barrichello drove himself into danger and he should have expected a defensive move of some kind! It is obvious there is a lot of hate going on between these two.

6. almanac said on 1st August 2010, 15:27

finally mclaren’s luck is over.
    hopefully for good

7. Randy said on 1st August 2010, 15:39

Four, interesting but not exciting. Safety car was a deliberate manipulation like they do in Nascar but I won’t complain as without it race would have been a real snoozer.

8. 9 for me. Seb sleeping, safety car inducing all sorts of mayhem in the pits and of course the talking point at the end with Schumi & Rubens.

Was fully expecting a procession and it wasn’t like that at all.

9. Safety car for a bit of wing on the track? …Too bad Vettel didn’t stay out with Webber…it would have been Red Bull 1,2

10. Christopher Vissing said on 1st August 2010, 16:07

Actually, Schumi didn’t do anything “wrong” looking at the rules.. He shifted line one time and that’s that.. It was a little bit intense, but u guys are overreacting..

Great race! 9! Great to see a bad result for Button and a DNF for Lewis, as the championship now is even tighter! Bring it on!

11. Christopher Vissing said on 1st August 2010, 16:10

The thing that caused the safety car was some front wing from Liuzzi..

12. Allie500 said on 1st August 2010, 17:12

A so-so race at best. I was watching on my DVR. The first half was the best. The safety car spiced things up a bit. After Webber made his stop and came out in the lead with ease, I simply watched the rest in fast forward b/c I knew Vettel wouldn’t even be able to make even a serious attempt at Alonso.

Those flexi wings make the red bulls and ferraris look like the only F1 cars out there racing against a bunch of GP2 cars. Hopefully the FIA rules quickly on the legality of them so that either other teams can roll out flexi wings or they are banned and removed from the two teams. Otherwise, there’s no need to run the rest of the races. Just send the trophies to RBR.

13. Staffan said on 1st August 2010, 21:16

The race started a bit exiting but it wasnt a great race.
    i give it 4.

14. I gave it an 8. Whether because it was genuinely an 8 or I just had really low expectations coming in I don’t know. But there was certainly a fair bit of action, and a stunning drive from Webber.

Is it just me, or is Vettel becoming more immature the older he gets? That gesture in the pitlane was extremely childish, and not to mention really rude. Someone needs to have a quiet word in the “Number One’s” ear. And as for Schuey, that move was a disgrace. The impact Rubens would have suffered if he’d hit the wall doesn’t even bear thinking about.

15. f1yankee said on 2nd August 2010, 0:32

5, for webbo’s bizarre dominance and the pit chaos. take those anomalies away and this race earns a zero.