“F1 2010″: are you going to buy it? (Poll)

The first official F1 video game for major formats in four years goes on sale in one month’s time.

And unlike many recent F1 games Codemasters’ “F1 2010″ will be a multi-format titles, with versions available for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Will you be buying it? What are your expectations of the long-awaited game? See below for preview images and videos of “F1 2010″.

I played an early version of the game back in March, before the designers had had chance to get all the latest graphics in.

The final version will include all the teams, drivers and circuits from the 2010 F1 season, including the new Korean International Circuit which F1 will race on for the first time in October.

The game also promises a highly detailed circuit grip simulation system which takes into account changes in rubber build-up on the surface, rain fall and more.

Codemasters also have ambitious plans to involve the player in the F1 world beyond driving the car – team mate rivalries, career decisions and even press conferences.

However they have admitted they’ve had to leave some details out, including a simulation of the safety car.

F1 Fanatic will have a full review of “F1 2010″ on all three formats next month. If there’s anything you particularly want to know about the game, please say in the comments.

Are you going to buy "F1 2010"?

• Yes, I'm buying "F1 2010" for PS3 (34%)
  • Yes, I'm buying "F1 2010" for Xbox 360 (20%)
  • Yes, I'm buying "F1 2010" for PC (25%)
  • Yes, I'm buying "F1 2010" for multiple formats (2%)
  • No, I'm not buying "F1 2010" (9%)
  • I haven't decided whether to buy "F1 2010" (11%)

Total Voters: 2,665

Loading ... Loading ...

Buy Formula 1 2010 for PS3
Buy Formula 1 2010 for Xbox 360
Buy Formula 1 2010 for PC DVD

“F1 2010″ preview videos

“F1 2010″ preview images

Buy Formula 1 2010 for PS3
Buy Formula 1 2010 for Xbox 360
Buy Formula 1 2010 for PC DVD

Read more: ?σΤιΌ?τF1 2010?σΤιΌ?? ?σΤιΌΤΗ£ first play (Pictures & video)

F1 Fanatic earns a commission on products sold via the links to our affiliate partners above, however you are not charged any extra. See here for more information.

182 comments on “F1 2010″: are you going to buy it? (Poll)

1. f1yankee said on 24th August 2010, 9:48

as a die-hard pc gamer, i usually steer clear of console ports. the graphics in f1 2010 are already dated by pc standards (the engine is dated by console standards) and how well, if at all, the pc’s flexibility is utilized is anyone’s guess.

i’ll likely buy it, but i won’t be the first. once the game is on the shelves, the real info will start circulating. if this turns out to be another MW2, my money stays in my pocket.

2. qUattrO said on 24th August 2010, 10:02

If I did not have PS3 F1CE, the answer would probably be “I have pre-ordered it already”. I will instead wait until I have seen reviews . The reasons is I want a simulator and judging from some of the video material that are available, the physics does not seem very much like a simulator.

I am afraid that the “live the life” aspect in the game has stolen (development) time and attention from the actual drivig/sim aspect. I also know that if I buy the game only to realize it is more of an arcade than a sim, I would hate myself.

Demo releases should be mandatory for such games!

3. Guio Oblepias said on 24th August 2010, 10:18

I’m wondering… will Codemasters be releasing DLCs throughout the season with updated car models and liveries? I think if they want to satisfy the more serious F1 fans, they’ll have to include the developments the teams introduce on the cars.

• Five Red Lights said on 27th August 2010, 23:57

I’m hoping the DLC is old tracks & a ‘best of’ from around the world. ie; old Nurb, old spa, old Hock, old Monza etc..

Best of; Road America, Mt Tremblant, Portimao, Bathurst, Philip Island, Brands, Donington, Macau, Laguna, C’mon codies, bring it!

The first thing I’m going to do in this game is choose Webber, choose Turkey then put Vettel into the grandstand! Happy B’day MW.

4. Any idea when it is releasing in Asia.

“The much awaited game will hit North America and EPAC territories ahead of UK on September 22nd and September 23rd respectively. ”

But no date of releasing in Asian countries

5. Adam Tate said on 24th August 2010, 10:30

My best friend and I are getting it as soon as it comes out! It’s going to be a great way to liven up breaks between class this semester :)

6. Icthyes said on 24th August 2010, 10:32

I’m sure we could have all done with this during the past 3 weeks ;-)

I want to buy it, and probably will, just not sure if for PC (mine is probably too slow) or PS3 (which I don’t have yet), so I just lumped for the PC option in the poll.

7. Dan Selby said on 24th August 2010, 10:37

I’m shocked at the amount of negativity this is getting. Ok, it might not be rFactor style, but to be quite honest, I found rFactor very dry and was very aware that it was modded. Now I understand that half of this was my inability to set up the handling (I asked around plenty of times but to no avail), because literally everytime I steered I seemed to spin (and I really am a sim-head) and found myself tip-toe’ing round corners and rapidly losing ground. The fact there’s no career or developments made rFactor feel somewhat dry. Codemasters have spent 2 and a half years on this game, getting Ant Davidson in to give it tweaks and a final nod, which should surely be commended. We have engine limits (something rFactor doesn’t have), strategies including a weather system like no other, and a career.

I just can’t help but think people might be a little negative for the sake of being negative… And this is coming from quite the pessimist :)

I’ll be getting my grubby mits on it as soon as possible, for the 360, as I don’t particularly trust my PC, and have a steering wheel set up for my 360, anyway.

• agreed. People are just nit-picking and it hasn’t even come out yet!

I liken it to walking miles and miles through the Sahara desert, and, upon finding a water fountain, complaining that it doesn’t have Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

F1 fans have been hung out to dry for a long time. I’m just eager to get my hands on it after waiting for so long.

8. Dan Selby said on 24th August 2010, 10:38

Also, there will be no demo at all, and I don’t believe there’s downloadable content. And before anyone asks, there will be no classic cars, either. The liscence has become increasingly restrictive.

9. spanky the wonder monkey said on 24th August 2010, 10:43

voted “undecided” simply due to GT5 being released (allegedly) on ps3 in november. that is a ‘must buy’. the demo version of the F1 game that’s been out for 2 or so years was disappointing and way too arcade-y. have not been able to see the videos above as they’re blocked where i am, but the screenshots look promising.

for the pc, it still has to be r-factor, and that is down to the physics and wide variety of mods

10. Avril F1 said on 24th August 2010, 10:57

I’ll download it from torrents :)

11. Really pumped for this, haven’t been this excited about a game for years. The career mode sounds awesome, and assuming there wont be any cheating or foul play on multiplayer, that could be good too. But that’s a big assumption to make.

12. matt88 said on 24th August 2010, 13:02

maybe i’ll get it for PC, but first i want to check the system requirements, i want to avoid horrible stop-motion effects…

13. SPA 09 said on 24th August 2010, 13:02

yeah, my Xbox 360 finally gets F1 game!!

14. I have it on pre-order for the PS3 at EB Games. 23rd of September, can’t wait… Atleast I can watch the real thing till then.

15. I’ve already pre-ordered it for PS3. As long as the AI are good, it should be a good game.

16. I’m still undecided on it, as I have concerns over the damage model and how the penalty/flag system will work.

However, here’s a first look at the Korea circuit, which should give us some insight into how the real track will fare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-MrMlxK2sw

17. graigchq said on 24th August 2010, 13:48

my PC – including Radeon 5870 and three 20″ S-IPS panel widescreens setup in Eyefinity with MOMO force wheel and pedals was MADE for this game. I can’t wait.

And for the rest of the time, i’ll be on SimBin’s ever amazing GTR-Evo – with the MAK-Corp 2007 F1 mod.

• statix said on 24th August 2010, 20:43

so you paid too much… there will be quite average graphics there… console port sucks.
      5870 is way to much for this game i think. looking at videos and screenshots.

18. marcus said on 24th August 2010, 13:52

They should have released it on the Monday after Hungary…then, thousands of desperate F1 fans would have bought it over the summer break. I know I would. Anyway, I think that it’s probably the safest option to get it on 360, guaranteed to work and more sociable.

Might have to get the PC version for when I go back to uni though…anyone know if a Geforce 7950gt should be enough to make it playable?

• graigchq said on 24th August 2010, 15:59

in a word… no. 7950GT is about as powerfyul as the chip in a PS3 – although the PS3 version is heavily optimised. You will be able to run it on that card, but it won’t look anywhere near as good as on the xbox or ps3.

Spend Β£50 on a second-hand 8800GT and you’ll be fine ;)

19. luigismen (@luigismen) said on 24th August 2010, 13:52

Of course I’m buying it! I’ve been with F1 2006 Championship Edition for my PS3 since forever, it was time for a change. Judging from the videos, I think Codemasters did a tremendous job

20. LeRoy said on 24th August 2010, 13:59

I’m getting a PS3 just for this game and GT5. Well, and for F1CE too. Codemasters also makes the driving game, GRID, for PS3 and the handling on it is pretty good. If they go along those lines, I’m very excited for F1 2010.