Williams honoured Rubens Barrichello today as the Brazilian driver prepares to start his 300th Grand Prix this weekend. He is the first driver to achieve a triple century of Grand Prix starts.
Barrichello was given a special medal by Bernie Ecclestone and a commemorative bike from his team – and burst into tears after they showed a video commemorating his career to date.
See below for pictures of Barrichello’s celebrations and more from today at Spa.
2010 Belgian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Belgian Grand Prix
- From the stands: Carol Treurnicht watches the Belgian GP at Spa
- Liuzzi: “I’d have passed Alguersuari easily”
- Button denies braking early in Vettel crash
- Hamilton “wasn’t pushing” when he went off
- 2010 Belgian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?
- Damage limitation for Webber – but not Vettel (Red Bull race review)
- Ferrari’s practice pace disappears on Sunday (Ferrari race review)
- Renault’s latest upgrade gives Kubica a shot at victory (Renault race review)
Images (C) Williams/LAT, Red Bull/Getty images, Force India F1 Team