Belgian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, Spa-Francorchamps, 2010

Mark Webber notched up his fifth pole position of 2010 for Red Bull in a thrilling qualifying session.

The Ardennes weather was typically unpredictable, showering the track one moment then bathing it in sunshine the next.

Take a look back at the action from qualifying and final practice in the selection of pictures below.

2010 Belgian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Belgian Grand Prix articles

Images (C) Ferrari spa, Williams/LAT, Renault/LAT, Lotus Racing, Bridgestone/Ercole Colombo, www.mclaren.com, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team

22 comments on Belgian Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

1. Victor. said on 28th August 2010, 17:44

The Hamilton Eau Rouge picture is absolutely EPIC!

2. meszkov said on 28th August 2010, 17:47

Kubica is back :)

3. Fer no 65 said on 28th August 2010, 18:33

we’re used to amaizing shots in F1Fanatic, but that shot of Lewis heading up to Eau Rouge with the clouds it’s absolutely magnificient!

4. Antonio said on 28th August 2010, 18:52

Fantastic pictures as always Keith!!
    Anyone noticed that Lewis was using both the newest and the old version of the front wing during qualifying, while Jenson was only using the new version?? And it seems the older one did the trick for Lewis after all!

5. Calum said on 28th August 2010, 19:54

Wow! The golden sky, classic uphill Eau Rouge track view and my favourite driver! That Hamilton pic is definately the best pic I’ve nicked from here for my desktop ;)

the camera men have balls ( as do the marshalls) to stand up against the barriers at the bottom of eau reuge, there was a clip in qualifying today when Schumacher was fighting with the Virgin and lost the place to Sutils FI and the speed at which they came 3 abreast towards the camera man and marshal was breath taking!! F1 is just amazing when viewed from stands, and the trackside cameras show a more realistic representation than the usual overheads.

6. DaveW said on 28th August 2010, 21:31

Webber’s front wing looks pretty curved in that pic infront of the catch-fence and the endplates are low. Not as egregious as Hungary but same phenomenon. McLaren and Renault’s wings again look high and straight.

• bosyber said on 28th August 2010, 22:43

Well spotted! I still think they took an older spec wing that is less flexy. Maybe not just for the new test but also because of different track, but still.

7. Harv's said on 29th August 2010, 0:40

thankyou keith for some absolutly fantastic pics of that mclaren

8. Alex Bkk said on 29th August 2010, 1:19

Great pics again, and I agree that the Hamilton shot on Eau Rouge is fantastic. Great composition. I’m not sure about the colours in the sky though… they look a bit amber for that time of the day.P.S? Having said that… I have no idea what the sky in Belgium can look like in the rain. Anyway I love it, I wish I had taken that one.

9. Shimks said on 29th August 2010, 2:50

Keith, are you pulling our legs? Is that photo of Hamilton at Eau Rouge from the bew F1 2010 game coming out?!

10. magnafw07 said on 29th August 2010, 4:05

That photo of the McLaren is one of the greatest photos I have ever seen.

Now if only it was of Webber’s RBR….

11. Steve o said on 29th August 2010, 5:13

You know the more I look at that photo the more I don’t like it.

Yes the shooting angle, depth of field, the excellent shutter speed ( you can read the sidewall of the tire ) and the aperture all are great.

BUT considering what proper equipment costs ( pick Canon or Nikon )
    and the access the photogs get, not too hard to imagine getting shots like this .

HOWEVER the real problem is the blatant overuse of post processing filter
    the shooter has used ….

Sorry gents the sky doesn’t actually like that and I’m calling BS.

What I find all over the internet, are people overusing or overdoing photography to
    create unnatural, over saturated , over filtered and “photoshopped” to death .

I present as evidence ; HDR or High Dynamic Range photography

Keep it simple people , no need to overdo it. Rant over

12. daykind said on 23rd September 2010, 17:19

Great pics as always Keith.