Jaime Alguersuari has lost his tenth place finish in the Belgian Grand Prix after being given a 20-second time penalty by the stewards.
They decided he had gained an advantage by going off the chicane late in the race and keeping Vitantonio Liuzzi behind.
Alguersuari’s 20-second penalty relegates him from tenth to 13th in the final classification. Liuzzi inherits tenth place – and the final point – ahead of Pedro de la Rosa and Sebastien Buemi.
2010 Belgian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Belgian Grand Prix
- From the stands: Carol Treurnicht watches the Belgian GP at Spa
- Liuzzi: “I’d have passed Alguersuari easily”
- Button denies braking early in Vettel crash
- Hamilton “wasn’t pushing” when he went off
- 2010 Belgian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?
- Damage limitation for Webber – but not Vettel (Red Bull race review)
- Ferrari’s practice pace disappears on Sunday (Ferrari race review)
- Renault’s latest upgrade gives Kubica a shot at victory (Renault race review)