Rate the race: Belgium

What did you think of the Belgian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (1%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (2%)
  • 7 (10%)
  • 8 (30%)
  • 9 (34%)
  • 10 (19%)

Total Voters: 2,870

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Belgian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Belgian Grand Prix articles]

168 comments on Rate the race: Belgium

1. gwenouille said on 29th August 2010, 15:07

Only a 7 for me: I saw too much of that safety car, and the action was more often than not due to errors.

• Drivers making errors are usually a good thing. If Hamilton actually hit the tyre wall, it would have made the races even more interesting.

2. Robbie said on 29th August 2010, 15:08

9/10. I would’ve loved to have seen Mark and Lewis properly fighting it out after the SC came in but everything else was immense.

3. Alexi said on 29th August 2010, 15:10

9/10

Would have been a better race if wasn’t for Vettecrazy.

4. I gave it a 10, fantastic out of breath race. Sorry for the poor start from Webber, as he would have won I believe. Congrats to Lewis showing maturity, and, well, nothing much to say about Vettel who I predicted would make a mistake, he’s young and put under pressure by the German medias who call him since 2 years “Baby-Schumi”, he will get over it, and there are still 6 races. See U @ Monza, should be good for the McLaren boys. Oh yes, poor Button, poor Karma for the moment, but still a very nice fellow ! :)

5. Travis said on 29th August 2010, 15:11

A year ago I liked Vettel, but after all his childish behaviour this season he is really starting to get on my nerves.

I’m hoping he can grow up soon and learn to control his emotions. I may like him again in a few years.

• Deurmat said on 29th August 2010, 15:26

lol I have the exact same feeling, liked him a lot last year but this year he is really working on my nerves.

• gwenouille said on 29th August 2010, 15:38

And the same here too…

• +1. My thoughts exactly. He needs a hair cut too.

• nik (@nik) said on 29th August 2010, 15:55

I disliked Vettel after the Webber incident, but I thought that he handled the post-race interview really really well, and displayed that he has matured and learnt from the incident with Webber. I don’t think any other driver would have handled it better.

He deserves credit when it is due – and today he handled his accident well.

If you dislike him because he drove into Button, then you are watching the wrong spot – because that is what is known as a ‘racing incident’.

• Weber all the way said on 29th August 2010, 16:21

You must’ve been watching a different form of motorsport to me if you liked him 12 months ago. All the signs were there & nothing has changed.

Like another more famous German before him, he’s not sorry for taking opponents out, he’s sorry for himself.

If only they’d get rid of all these other race cars, he’d reign supreme…………. & he’d tell us!

6. TommyB (@tommyb89) said on 29th August 2010, 15:13

Another brilliant race in the 2010 season. Shame Kubica lost second place and a bit more action at the end would have made it a 10.

9/10

7. f1yankee said on 29th August 2010, 15:13

ridiculously short race tho – 1 1/2 hours with rain and 2 safety cars. i know f1 is a sprint race, but if this trend continues it’s pretty poor value for money

8. FullSpe3d (@dryyoshi) said on 29th August 2010, 15:14

9. Wouldve been a 10 but for the boring 5 or so ish laps before the rain came. (The rain at the end)

9. Totally awesome, nail-bitingly exciting..:D
    Its just amazing how Spa throws classic after classic every year!

• BasCB said on 29th August 2010, 15:26

Exactly a very good spa race. Not really nail biting though.

Nice to have a classic spa thriller again after the boring race last year.

10. Tiomkin said on 29th August 2010, 15:15

Any race that raises the blood pressure, with action from start to finish gets a 10 from me.

11. BasCB said on 29th August 2010, 15:18

I voted an 8. There were no real challenges for the race lead, only Hamilton being very lucky. I would have loved to see more action between Webber and Kubica.

A shame Alonso did not do more, Vettel made some stupid mistakes again. A shame about Button being taken out like that, he might have won it today. And Rubens was just a passenger when he slid into Alonso there.

I liked Coulthard’s comment, Ferrari building strong cars as they were used to Schumi barging into people with it, good job with the car there.

• PeriSoft said on 29th August 2010, 15:52

Yeah, but that doesn’t make sense – it was strong at the back, but broke at the front. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? :)

I was impressed with Schu’s performance, though. He seems to put in far stronger race performances than Rosberg when his strategy isn’t hosed.

He got repassed, of course, but so it goes; Rosberg *is* a fantastic driver. And Schu scrabbled up there from 21st instead of 15th(?). Christ, how many cars did he pass on the first lap? 10? 11?

12. Woffin said on 29th August 2010, 15:18

A three way fight for the lead at the end after the safety car came in would have made it a 10. Still, 9 is the highest I’ve rated so far this year.

13. Deurmat said on 29th August 2010, 15:22

what a race ALMOST the first race where i didnt fell asleep!

14. George said on 29th August 2010, 15:30

1 because it nearly killed me (my heart couldnt take much more)

only jokin.

erm 9. it was a stunner and had so much excitement

15. Steph said on 29th August 2010, 15:56

Cracking race. Died down a little bit but even then the showers started again. Wish we saw Alo’s pass on Buemi and some more of Petrov. The race was a treat and so makes up for Bahrain.

16. Great race overall. I suppose nobody got bored- weather, overtaking, shunts, pit dramas, great driving- everything was there. 9/10

17. David-A (@david-a) said on 29th August 2010, 15:57

9.5, rounded up to a 10. A complete thriller, my heart almost skipped a beat when Hamilton undetsteered off the road- despite being a Ferrari fan, I was willing that car not to take race-ending damage from the barriers, so imagine how all the Hamilton fans felt at that point!

Plenty of talking points from the race- Vettel once again fluffing an opportunity to silence his critics, the great action between the Mercedes drivers fighting through the field, another great performance from Kubica and Sutil. This race had it all.

18. Younger Hamilton said on 29th August 2010, 16:02

10/10 an extrodinary drive from Lewis its a big shame that Jenson got aggresively hit by Seb,who went on a wet patch of the track and the Car snapped away from him and Jenson innocently out of the race but he contributed to Lewis’s win so i say Thank you so much JB and i hope you can win at Monza for us and a McLaren 1-2

19. Weber all the way said on 29th August 2010, 16:15

How stupid is Jensen Button for getting in Seb Vettel’s way while he was having a brain fade. Of course Kubica & Weber have a lot to answer for in relation to this incident too. Hell, if they weren’t pressuring Vettel from behind, he wouldn’t have made such a novice mistake. If only they could get rid of all these …other race cars off of the track, Sebastian Vettel would reign supreme!

• David-A (@david-a) said on 29th August 2010, 16:22

Then he should join the WRC if he wants the track to himself.

• Weber all the way said on 29th August 2010, 16:25

You got my vote David. I think you’ve misinterpreted my sarcasm?

• David-A (@david-a) said on 29th August 2010, 16:43

Nope, I knew it, but Vettel’s driving style suggests he can qualify well, and race well when he doesn’t have to fight or overtake others. But throw another rival car into the mix, and things go awry for him.

20. macca77 said on 29th August 2010, 16:16

A Seven for me. Great race for the Schum, he finished 7th from 21st… not that bad. Sadly Rosberg passed him at the end (letting Sutil pass Schumi on the WDC race btw).

• Weber all the way said on 29th August 2010, 16:24

Who cares about Schumi, Rosberg? Where they in the race? Great effort by Sutil & good to see a team & driver on the rise. Schumi should hang up the boots again, there’s some competition on the track now & he’s not in the class.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 29th August 2010, 16:46

This is definately not the race to bash Schumacher or Rosberg, since they both did impressive fightbacks after their penalties. Rosberg is surely the most underrated driver in the field.

• Dianna said on 29th August 2010, 17:07

@Webber all the way….There are plenty on this forum who care about Schumacher and Rosberg.
        Buy yourself an F1 history book to further your “observations”.there is a shop in Alics Springs?

• David BR said on 30th August 2010, 16:59

Got to agree, I’m no Schuey fan, but he drove well and the scrap with Rosberg was good entertainment.