Toro Rosso were out of the points for the fourth race in a row after Alguersuari’s post-race penalty.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’49.209 (+0.942)||1’48.267|
|Average race lap||2’02.367 (-0.217)||2’02.585|
Buemi blamed first-lap contact for making his car “undriveable”:
I managed to get a very good start, but then at the first corner, someone ran into me, which cut my left rear tyre and damaged the diffuser, so I tried all sorts of things like locking the differential and changing the front wing settings to compensate, as I was oversteering a huge amount. It cost me a lot in terms of pace, because at times the car was undriveable. So unfortunately, I could not do better than this, which is a shame, as this was a race where I could have been in the hunt for points. That’s racing.
Started a career-best 11th, moved up to tenth but threw it away by pitting for intermediates on lap two. He was back in two laps later for dry weather tyres.
He made his way past the new teams, then capitalised on the Vettel/Liuzzi collision and a mistake by Kamui Kobayashi to move up further.
He passed the other Sauber of Pedro de la Rosa for tenth when the Spanish driver went off at Curve Paul Frere shortly after the restart.
But he lost the place after the stewards decided he had gained an advantage by going off at the chicane on lap 42, keeping Liuzzi behind while doing so. Alguersuari was penalised 20 seconds which dropped him from tenth to 13th.
2010 Belgian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Belgian Grand Prix
- From the stands: Carol Treurnicht watches the Belgian GP at Spa
- Liuzzi: “I’d have passed Alguersuari easily”
- Button denies braking early in Vettel crash
- Hamilton “wasn’t pushing” when he went off
- 2010 Belgian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?
- Damage limitation for Webber – but not Vettel (Red Bull race review)
- Ferrari’s practice pace disappears on Sunday (Ferrari race review)
- Renault’s latest upgrade gives Kubica a shot at victory (Renault race review)