Despite starting from what was by far their worst grid positions of the year – 14th and 21st – the Mercedes duo scored 14 points.
|Michael Schumacher||Nico Rosberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’47.874 (-0.011)||1’47.885|
|Average race lap||2’01.814 (+0.072)||2’01.742|
Felt he could have got into the top ten in qualifying but caught traffic in Q2. His ten-place grid penalty from Hungary dropped him to 21st.
He was up to 12th after the safety car came in and, having started on hard tyres, stayed out while other drivers pitted or ran into trouble. Schumacher pounced on his team mate while Rosberg was battling Vitaly Petrov, sweeping by to take tenth place.
He got up to fourth at one point before being passed by Adrian Sutil – Schumacher defending his position rather less firmly than he did at the Hungaroring.
On lap 34 he made his sole pit stop, switching to intermediate tyres as the worst of the rain arrived. Rosberg returned the favour at Les Combes after the final restart, edging Schumacher onto the grass
I ‘met’ Nico twice out on the track today. The first time, I had the better go in a nice racing duel and the second time was right after the re-start where I had to lift a little up into Eau Rouge due to the car in front which Nico used to fly past me. All in all, Spa turned out to be nearly as enjoyable as I had hoped for.
Had to change his gearbox after final practice meaning he got a five-place grid penalty. But, due to other drivers collecting grid penalties, he only dropped from 12th to 14th.
Rosberg ran a set-up geared towards wet conditions on his car and he made good use of it at the final restart, passing Kamui Kobayashi and his team mate to finish sixth. Like Schumacher, he only made a single stop, switching from hard to intermediate tyres.
2010 Belgian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Belgian Grand Prix
- From the stands: Carol Treurnicht watches the Belgian GP at Spa
- Liuzzi: “I’d have passed Alguersuari easily”
- Button denies braking early in Vettel crash
- Hamilton “wasn’t pushing” when he went off
- 2010 Belgian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?
- Damage limitation for Webber – but not Vettel (Red Bull race review)
- Ferrari’s practice pace disappears on Sunday (Ferrari race review)
- Renault’s latest upgrade gives Kubica a shot at victory (Renault race review)