Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?

Start, Spa-Francorchamps, 2010

Which driver did the best job during the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?

See below for my pick of the best drivers in the Belgian Grand Prix.

Review each driver’s race weekend in detail below and vote for who you thought was the most impressive driver.

For your consideration

Here are some of the drivers who impressed me during the Belgian Grand Prix weekend:

Lewis Hamilton – Always seemed to get a bit more out of the car in the wet conditions than anyone else.

Mark Webber – Stayed cool after a poor start, put a handy pass on Massa and kept the pressure on Kubica.

Robert Kubica – Revelled in the updated Renault and was unlucky to miss out on a front row start.

Adrian Sutil – Passes on Kobayashi, Schumacher and Rosberg set him up for a season-best-equalling fifth.

Nico Rosberg – Used his wet set-up to great effect to pass Schumacher and Kobayashi at the final restart.

Compare all the drivers

You can review what happened to each driver in the race and compare their race data with their team mates using the links below:

McLaren: Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher
Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa
Williams: Rubens Barrichello and Nico H???lkenberg
Renault: Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov
Force India: Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi
Toro Rosso: Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari
Lotus: Jarno Trulli and Heikki Koalainen
HRT: Sakon Yamamoto and Bruno Senna
Sauber: Kamui Kobayashi and Pedro de la Rosa
Virgin: Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi

Vote for your driver of the weekend

Which driver impressed you the most in the Belgian Grand Prix weekend? Cast your vote below and have your say in the comments.

Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?

• Jenson Button (2%)
  • Lewis Hamilton (51%)
  • Michael Schumacher (7%)
  • Nico Rosberg (1%)
  • Sebastian Vettel (1%)
  • Mark Webber (8%)
  • Felipe Massa (1%)
  • Fernando Alonso (2%)
  • Rubens Barrichello (0%)
  • Nico H???lkenberg (0%)
  • Kamui Kobayashi (2%)
  • Timo Glock (0%)
  • Lucas di Grassi (2%)

Total Voters: 2,581

Loading ... Loading ...

Hungarian Grand Prix result

Mark Webber was voted the best driver of the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend.

2010 Belgian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Belgian Grand Prix articles

126 comments on Who was the best driver of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?

1 3 4 5
  1. Charles Carroll said on 31st August 2010, 16:59

A great day for Lewis, but I voted for Adrian Sutil for his consistently good performance over the entire weekend, in a car that is not up to the level of the Red Bulls and McLarens.

2. JUGNU said on 31st August 2010, 18:52

Hamilton by a mile. His qualifying lap for P2 was even more impressive than his win.

3. Cyclops said on 31st August 2010, 19:09

Lewis – great quali and mature driving for the win. That’s how champions drive. Next in the line would be Kubica and Sutil.

4. antonyob said on 31st August 2010, 19:19

Dianna

My apologies I shouldve added ‘fanboyettes’ as well.

But who is my namesake? Tony brookes perhaps.

Btw not sad, lol means I’m laughing not sad. Pushing ex team mates into a wall at 190. Is sad.

• David A said on 6th September 2010, 0:58

Not as sad as failing to recognise a driver trying to defend their position.

• I’m not a webber nor a vettel fan but if you’re referring to turkey with vettel and webber, I dont remebr the part where webber *pushed?* vettel into a wall.

5. Dafizzner said on 31st August 2010, 21:33

Sure wasn’t Vettel…muah haa ha ahaa haha ah

• Charles Carroll said on 1st September 2010, 2:52

Aside from McLaren and Webber fans, I’m not sure why so many dislike Vettel. He takes risks and is exciting to watch, which is also why I like Kamui.

Clinical and cold driving I find to be boring. At least Vettel has single-handedly made two races much more exciting this year…albeit by crashing!

I like the kid. I’ll stick with him!

• “He takes risks and is exciting to watch”

don’t expect a championship any time soon then…

• Charles Carroll said on 1st September 2010, 15:00

Aryton Senna was a risk taker and exciting to watch. He was also a champion and likely the greatest driver in the history of the sport.

So, obviously I disagree with your sentiment here.

• David Johnson said on 1st September 2010, 7:43

I’m sorry but “taking risks” is not crashing into people! The “body language” of Vettel driving behind someone is “move over, I’m quicker”, in comparison to good overtakers…who seem to hover and pounce on a mistake…Vettel need to calm down a lot, and I don’t see it happening for a few years yet.

• If you find driver errors and crashing exciting you are an idiot. Vettel added nothing to hungary and spa. He threw away his title hopes. you’re a noob.

• David A said on 6th September 2010, 15:09

“If you find driver errors and crashing exciting you are an idiot.”

Usually people find wet races to be more exciting than dry ones. Why? Partially because the likelihood of driver error is greater, allowing for more overtaking and the more skilled drivers to come to the fore. Let’s just say your post didn’t go according to plan then.

6. Jraybay-HamiltonMclarenfan said on 6th September 2010, 5:26

Well its not vettel haahahah. I’d say Hamilton for qualifying. And I’ll go with sutil for the race.

7. Sutil.M said on 7th September 2010, 20:02

Sutil did really well but he made a mistake at the start sadly

Sutil did really well to pass MSC in my opinion

1 3 4 5