Jaime Alguersuari was unhappy to be given a penalty for cutting a chicane for the second race in a row.
The Toro Rosso driver said:
I really don?óÔé¼Ôäót understand why I got the drive-through penalty. It?óÔé¼Ôäós the second time in two races that I have got one of these!
As far as I am concerned, although I did cut the chicane, I did not gain any advantage, catch the drivers ahead of me or pull away from those behind. The actual penalty did not make much difference to my race, but it was annoying all the same.
Nico H?â??lkenberg cut chicanes on at least three occasions during the race but received no penalty. This frustrated Mark Webber who spent several laps stuck behind the Williams:
I lost a lot of time behind H?â??lkenberg, he seemed to spend every second lap going through the chicane, but the stewards left him alone which was frustrating. I got him in the end, but I lost a lot of time.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others