Rate the race: Italy

What did you think of the Italian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (5%)
  • 5 (9%)
  • 6 (18%)
  • 7 (24%)
  • 8 (18%)
  • 9 (8%)
  • 10 (10%)

Total Voters: 2,871

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Italian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Italian Grand Prix articles

170 comments on Rate the race: Italy

1. A lot of overtaking in the midfield, and the Alonso’s jump on Button was exciting too! Even though I don’t like Vettel, I have to say his late pit stop was great too!

• bosyber said on 13th September 2010, 10:45

Massa was just trying to get a leg up on his teammate there, and Hamilton was a bit too aggressive, he himself admitted he should have kept back a bit, “and then I would still be racing”.

2. Mountain Man said on 12th September 2010, 15:18

Obvious realy that Ferrari after their cheating ways ganged up to take lewis off…

• It was really nobody’s fault. Massa couldn’t have avoided it. It was a very busy moment for him too. I think Massa was concentrating on Button and Alonso at that time.

• Whaat are you talking about? Lewis just was just a bit too agressive into the corner, Massa didn’t see him and Lewis had his wheel knocked off. :S

It was a racing incident, and I actually quite like Lewis.

• Tiomkin said on 12th September 2010, 17:54

It was Lewis’ bad judgment that killed his race, no gangs involved. Please attack Ferrari when they do wrong, but today they did everything right.

I am not a Ferrari fan.

3. chaostheory said on 12th September 2010, 15:21

Happy for Alonso and Massa, and Jenson, but whats wrong with Kubicas mechanics? Were they taking their vengeance for Spa? Or what ? :)
    And Hulkenberg getting away without a penalty for cutting the chicanes ~three times, and waving in front of Webber at least one time??

4. Gave it a 6. Pretty exiting race but mostly because of the pit-stops. And as others have pointed out the TV coverage were very disappointing, we didn’t really see why Webber fell all the way back to 9th and so on. The start/first corner was fantastic though. But from there on it was pretty dull. I was personally exited because of the lap timebattle between Vettel and Nico on the final laps because i am a Vettel fan, but for anyone else it probably wasn’t as exiting as i thought so i tried to keep that out of my voting.
    But it was a great race for the championship battle.

5. qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 15:44

On a business tripp in UK, so I was enjoying watching the BBC coverage. A superb race and superb coverage. I was really releaved first lap was Safety Car free. Alonso showed what he can do given a reasonable car.

One comment regarding the BBC coverage. What is the deal with Eddie Jordan? Did he really imply that Massa was “nice” to Alonos in turn 2? What I could see was that Aloso had the inner going into turn 2 and could easily have pushed Massa to the right out on the grass/gravel. I think they also touched (more water on the fire of Ferrar/Alonso cynics :) ), but it was Alonso who was nice there.

That guy takes every opportunity to disrepute/misscredit Ferrari, and if the opportunity is not there he makes his best to created it. I am starting to understand how come lots of Brittish fans are sooo cynical when it comes to Ferrari & Alonso…

• “That guy takes every opportunity to disrepute/misscredit Ferrari”

I think that’s very harsh. He was actually very pleased with Ferrari winning at Monza and said so.

“I am starting to understand how come lots of Brittish fans are sooo cynical when it comes to Ferrari & Alonso…”

Martin Brundle actually agreed with the FIA handling of the team orders result. The BBC coverage is actually quite impartial when looked at overall. Certain characters have opinions, but consensus is usually reached in quite a dialectical way between the panel.

British fans just don’t like being lied to by Ferrari!

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:40

Martin Brundle is without doubt the best F1 commentator/expert that I have seen during the 16-17 years I have been watching the sport. What I like mostly about him is that he is a man of integrity, says what he think no matter if it is politically correct or not (and of course he is like a F1 dictionary :) ). David Coulthard is also great. I referred to Eddie for a reason, so please do not tweak what I said!

I have seen three or four races on BBC and I have really enjoyed it, apart from Eddie throwing dirt at Alonso and Ferrari for no reason. To me it almost look like a personal thing going on…

6. I mean, we were robbed of a good finale, but I still really enjoyed it for some reason… also, the end to this season could be an absolute epic now! 6/10

7. qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 15:59

Watching Red Button right now and I just cannot stop laughing…

– Eddie Jordan says “Ferrari treated the fans as muppets”. That was coming out from the mouth of a man who did issue team orders himself on several occasions. Hilarious

• At his time it was legal, now it is not. Okay it is in the real world, but according to the rule book it is not legal. That is the difference.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:14

First of all, when he was mentioning it he was referring to the moral aspect of it. From the moral point of view he has done the exact same thing over and over again, i e hindering his drivers from fighting the battles on track and (as he describes it) robbing the fans. If it is robbery today, then it was robbering then. Legal or not does not matter when talking about moral.

Second, the ruling body has examined all evidence that is available, and that is certainly much more than you and me have access to. They have given a verdict. Accept it or move on to another sport. Thank you.

• No that is not the same. At that time it was legal and if the others are doing it you will loose ground if you don’t do the same. Also Ferrari tried to cover it with ridiculous stories about Massa going 3 gears up at the same time. They were lying to the fans like we were all as stupid as dirt and they were calling us hypocrites because we discussed it. When it was legal it was just a team order and everyone knew what they did and they didn’t try to cover it.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 18:40

I had promised myself not to reply to post disscussing this rediculous subject (No offence) anymore. But I will make just one more post :)

1. what is your favorite team?
            2. has they used team orders since 2002?
            3. have you questioned that in the same intensity as this one?

Answer to (2) has to be YES if your favorite team is a competitive one since all teams will act in the best intrest of the team. If you answered (3) with a NO what does that make you (no offence)?

• He never lied to the fans. That is the difference.

Ferrari clearly lied to the stewards and the fans.

8. It was a good race, not the best though. The last few laps were very tense as a Seb fan, and I love that he managed to finish 4th! It felt like a win. I think 6 out of 10 is fair when you compare it to other races so far this year.

9. I vote 5. Very boring race without overtaking and no risky moves on the front lines (Anybody saw the GP3 race? The go full fight to victory). And, i dislike alonso (sinces Hockenheim 2010)…. the one thing is that im a Ferrari fun….. sad victory. Forza Felipe! Forza Ferrari! alonso, team orders is for loosers!

• Felipe certainly didn’t look too happy on the podium today.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:23

J Button puts on a happy face even when finishing behind his team mate.

I guess Massa is a fighter and finds it depressing when a new guy to the team destroys him race after race. That is actually how it should be and a healthy sign. It is when he is faster than his team mate that he should be happy, not before.

• Tiomkin said on 12th September 2010, 18:01

Massa knows that even if he could beat Alonso, he is not allowed to. I’d be sad if that happened to me.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 18:46

If he was consistently faster than Alonso the team would of course make him first driver. You know and I know that he is not and probably will never be.

10. PM,

I think we’re all getting bit sick of your constant bitching about Ferrari and their manipulation of the sport. If you’re truly unhappy at the way the sport is going, like you said, just stop watching and get on with it man.

I just wanted to get this in and I’m not gonna get drawn into a shouting match. So have a good life.

Thank you and good night/morning whenever the he’ll you’re from

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 16:56

@Jay
      I am afraid that will not happen. Some people does not know when to stop…Just look at Eddie Jordan. If they cannot win on the circuit they will try to miscredit the opposition on the Internet/Media.

Do like me, think about Monza 2010, smile and just ignore.

• “If they cannot win on the circuit they will try to miscredit the opposition on the Internet/Media.”

Who is this ‘they’ of which you speak.

The BBC are actually very impartial considering there are two British drivers in the title hunt. You should try watching some races from the ITV days.

I’m British. And I say, great drive today Fernando and well done Ferrari – especially the pit crew that didn’t bottle under pressure.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:52

“they” are those who jumped at the opportunity to miscredit F Alonso and Ferrari, for finishing 1-2, instead of 1-2. After that they continued to do so even though the judge has examined the evidence and announced a verdict.
          Can you explain to me how Massa was “nice” to Alonso in turn 2, as Eddie suggested?

• “After that they continued to do so even though the judge has examined the evidence and announced a verdict.”

Maybe some people don’t agree with this ‘verdict’ and are entitled to their own opinions.

I don’t actually agree with everything Eddie Jordan says. Massa wasn’t ‘nice’ to Alonso at all, I agree with YOU. But that doesn’t mean that sometimes he does say things that do have value, and perhaps reflecting the majority fan opinion certainly on this site judging from the polls.

It was the arrogance that Ferrari showed in lying to all the media & fans that gets us going, not breaking the sporting code.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 22:24

@John,

Fair enough :) & good n8!

• bosyber said on 13th September 2010, 10:53

You know, you might have some point, but I am reading this a day later, and I thought to myself “yes indeed” when you said “Some people does not know when to stop” …

You are right that Eddie Jordan should not always be taken seriously – they have him there because he stirs things up, can be brilliant in asking the questions people don’t like to get, and talks back when Coulthard is a bit too much on the Red Bull side. I really doubt the majority of BBC viewers takes his word as gospel.

But please let it go – you seem to be an Alonso/Ferrari fan, and seem to look for evidence of a conspiracy against him.

Please, just accept that some don’t really have an absolute favorite team and driver, don’t like team orders, are for good racing and a good year of championship battling, and like to see an amazing drive to victory. Such as Alonso/Ferrari showed yeserday – it doesn’t make me feel they should win the WDC or WCC, but well done in Monza for them.

11. 5 Interesting strategic battle but not a lot of action. Dumb move by Hamilton. Vettel did 52 laps on softs which makes a mockery of the two spec system. Can’t wait for the Pirreli’s.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 16:43

Agree, I think Bridgstone has damaged the fun of this season. Even though it has been an exciting season thus far, Bridgstone has neutralized one of the main reasons why the fuel ban was introduced in the first place, i e make the tires play a role in the races. Soft tyres lasting the whole distance in Monza and making fourth is a little scandal. Cowardly done Bridgestone!

• David-A (@david-a) said on 12th September 2010, 18:34

The mandatory stops rule (which isn’t really Bridgestone’s fault) hasn’t helped matters.

• bosyber said on 13th September 2010, 10:55

It is sort of Bridgestone’s fault, they wanted it so people would have a reason to talk about tires.

I too, don’t understand why they did not just take super soft and hard tires here – the track is apparently very forgiving on the tires.

12. Sound_Of_Madness (@sound_of_madness) said on 12th September 2010, 16:42

Gave it an 8. Was kinda interesting as I viewed it (fragmentally), was not fully processional, turns upside down the championship and finally a fair Alonso win for 2010!

13. Craig Woollard said on 12th September 2010, 16:44

I gave it a 2. If Webber didn’t pull off those decent overtakes it would have been a 1. Maybe a 3 or a 4 if someone NOT driving a cheating red thing won ;)

14. Marcello said on 12th September 2010, 16:51

Amazing race. The script couldn’t have been better written @ Monza. Gigantic performance from Alonso both Sat and Sun. At a track every1 (including myself)expected Mclarens to dominate. Button very stong as expected, gr8 battle wheel to wheel between Alonso and Massa at the start (who says the Ferraris are not allowed to race eachother), military style precision pit stop to allow Alonso to leapfrog Button. Felt awfully sorry for Webber, how on earth did Hulk get away all afternoon with his driving and how did he not get penalised for cuttin the corners. Any1 know who the stewards were this weekend? Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles perhaps. Didn’t feel sorry for Hamilton, trying to mate with the rear of Massas car, not the first time he gets hot under the collar. Amazing job done by Vettel and his pit crew, can’t understand how the soft compound lasted in such good condition for the entire race almost. Just watched 4 hrs of programme and tyre degradation wasnt mentioned once by any1!!! These Bridgestone tyres don’t seem to shabby to me.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:04

Well, that is really the signature of Hamilton. He will always go 100% for it and put the opposition to the test; let me by or crash. If the opposition does not disappear from the way they WILL collid and that’s what happened today. Luckily Massa escaped this time.

• Hamilton and Alonso are quite similar in that respect.

Fernando could have had problems with that nose (similar to Hamilton with his suspension) after hitting Button, but he was lucky today – about time probably as he has been a little unlucky this year.

• qUattrO said on 12th September 2010, 17:55

I would rather compare Hamilton’s stile to M Schumachers actually. Alonso is quite sensible in comparison to those two IMO, when it comes to overtaking.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 12th September 2010, 18:40

No, Hamilton is just a good overtaker. He was over-optimistic today, and therefore the collision was his fault. However over the last four years he has proven time and time again that if he’s on terms with the guy in front of him, he can line up a decent pass for position. And I’m a Ferrari fan admitting this.

15. Marcello said on 12th September 2010, 16:59

I gave it a generous 9.
    Alonso, Button, Massa, Vettel, Webber (under the circumstances), Rosberg all did a good job.
    Quite a few overtaking manouvres, important strategic decisions and a couple of breakdowns. Not much spectacle in terms of crashes but I think thats down to the characteristics of the circuit. I totally agree with the fact that the Bridgestone has spoilt things by allowing the soft to last so long. Interesting point actually. Maybe it’s a good thing Pirelli are coming in after all..
    By the way fans on the track at the finish was an amazing scenery! I wasn’t allowed to go on the track at Silverstone this year at all!!! :>(((
    Infact from Copse E Terrace we couldn’t see any of the podium ceremony… so I’m thinking to save up and go Monza instead next year..I was reading it’s also cheaper than Silverstone which makes it better value for money.