One of Sakon Yamamoto’s HRT mechanics was knocked down and injured during his pit stop in today’s Italian Grand Prix.
The team released the following statement:
A member of the Hispania Racing, HRT F1 Team, had an incident during Sakon Yamamoto?óÔé¼Ôäós pit-stop. He has remained conscious all the time and been taken immediately to the Medical Center. The situation is under control and we are waiting for more information from the Medical Centre.
The video below shows Yamamoto was given the signal to leave his pit box before the mechanic was knocked down.
Update: HRT have been fined $20,000 for releasing the car unsafely during their pit stop.
Colin Kolles said:
There was an incident with a member of our team during Sakon Yamamoto?óÔé¼Ôäós pit stop. First aid was immediately on the spot and he was taken to hospital for further check-up. He remained conscious and was talking to the doctor. We wish that he will recover quickly.
The first thing I would say that I was very worried about the incident in the pit-lane. I asked if he was okay and I was told that he was not badly injured.
NB. Some readers may find the video below distressing.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others