A late gearbox problem allowed Virgin to put one over Lotus.
|Jarno Trulli||Heikki Kovalainen|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’25.540 (-0.202)||1’25.742|
|Average race lap||1’31.373 (+0.958)||1’30.415|
Headed row nine of the grid with his team mate having beaten the time of the ailing Vitantonio Liuzzi in qualifying.
But another gearbox failure late in the race allowed Timo Glock’s Virgin through to claim “best new team” honours.
The solution to their gearbox problems appears to be in sight. Late on Sunday night Cosworth confirmed they won’t be supplying engines to Lotus next year as the team prepares to announce a Renault engine and drivetrain supply deal.
Fell behind Glock at the start and couldn’t get back ahead of the Virgin:
I lost a few positions at the start, managed to get in front of di Grassi but then was stuck behind Timo. I didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have the straight line speed to get past him so didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have the chance to make a move. It?óÔé¼Ôäós a shame because I couldn?óÔé¼Ôäót get the true potential out of the car after a good weekend, but that?óÔé¼Ôäós life.
We haven?óÔé¼Ôäót lost anything in terms of the championship so all in all it?óÔé¼Ôäós not too disappointing.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others