A track which promised much for Force India yielded nothing at all.
|Adrian Sutil||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’23.493 (-2.281)||1’25.774|
|Average race lap||1’28.500 (+0.751)||1’27.749|
Couldn’t repeat his 2009 front-row qualifying position – indeed, he couldn’t even make the cut for the top ten, missing out by five hundredths of a second.
His start was a complete disaster. He lost so many places the team pitted him at the end of the first lap to switch him to hard tyres.
This would have worked out well for him had the safety car appeared but instead he had to make a second pit stop later with a broken front wing:
By the end of lap one I was at the end of the field so we decided to come in to change to the harder tyres as a strategic move to make up positions when the others pitted.
I did my own race from that point on, which worked really well but we couldn’t get close to the points when I had to come in for the nose cone change.
A technical problem kept Liuzzi from progressing to Q2:
We had a problem in the morning’s session where the car seemed to lose drive and did just a few laps. We did some analysis between the sessions and tried to solve the problem but then in qualifying a similar issue occurred.
On the first lap we lost power and then we had to stop completely once I got it back to the garage so I couldn’t get a real flying lap in.
From 19th on the grid he moved up to 13th at the start and then passed Pedro de la Rosa but got no further.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others