Mercedes kept constructors’ championship rivals Renault at bay by out-scoring them at Monza.
|Michael Schumacher||Nico Rosberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’23.388 (+0.333)||1’23.055|
|Average race lap||1’27.349 (+0.283)||1’27.066|
Failed to make the cut in Q2 again, leaving him 12th.
Schumacher briefly held seventh on the first lap before being passed by Sebastian Vettel. The other Red Bull of Mark Webber came by a few laps later.
After that he had an uneventful run to ninth.
Mercedes talked down their chances ahead of Monza but showed strong figures in the speed traps and Rosberg qualified “best of the rest” in seventh.
He started well, holding fourth place in the opening stages and only lost one place – to Vettel – by the end of the race.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)