Virgin may have finished as best of the new teams but it hasn’t helped their championship cause – they remain in last place.
|Timo Glock||Lucas di Grassi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’25.934 (-0.04)||1’25.974|
|Average race lap||1’30.368 (-1.28)||1’31.648|
Felt the ultra-low downforce set-up tried by the team on Friday was a waste of time:
In Free Practice 2 we made an aero change, which was really low downforce and not the right way to go, so unfortunately we lost some time.
Was ahead of the Lotuses to begin with in qualifying but wasn’t able to improve on his final run. Started last after being given a gearbox change penalty – the team breaking the seal on the unit in order to replace the differential.
However he made a good start and ran behind Jarno Trulli until the Lotus retired:
I got a very good start and was going well into turn one. I nearly got in front of both Lotus cars but Jarno was in a better position in the chicane for turn two and was able to stay in front of me.
The opening laps were strong and I was able to put a lot of pressure on Jarno but I suffered with the rear brakes. In general I had to over-drive the car and just try to stay on line. The boys did a great job in the pit stop and I was able to stay ahead of Heikki Kovalainen.
Together with my engineer I was able to manage the blue flags very well to get through the traffic and generally this has been a very good race for us.
Lucas di Grassi
Qualified just fourth hundredths of a second slower than his team mate and started 21st.
Was the last car running after suffering what the team described as an “apparent suspension problem”.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)