Nico H?‚??lkenberg was fortunate to go unpunished for his chicane-cutting antics in the Italian Grand Prix.
Nonetheless this had the hallmarks of a breakthrough performance for the rookie driver as he out-qualified and out-raced veteran team mate Rubens Barrichello.
|Rubens Barrichello||Nico H?‚??lkenberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q3)||1’23.328 (+0.291)||1’23.037|
|Average race lap||1’27.713 (+0.592)||1’27.120|
Spent a frustrating race tucked up behind Sebastien Buemi’s Toro Rosso, which was very quick in a straight line.
He eventually broke through via the pit stops and finished tenth.
Nicked eighth on the grid off Robert Kubica by the tiny margin of two thousandths of a second.
Had a problem with his brake pedal during the race which may explain some of his trips across the run-offs at the chicanes.
It was a tough day, but a rewarding one. I lost position off the start line, but managed to recover two places in the first chicane. From then on, I seemed to be fighting one or other of the Red Bulls for the whole afternoon, and there wasn?ů‘ťľ‘šůt a moment when there was any let up in the pressure.
It was made all the more difficult as I was struggling with the brake pedal, but it was an exciting afternoon of attacking and defending with great work in the pitstop, so I am pleased with the outcome.
Mark Webber, who felt H?‚??lkenberg had illegally held on to his position on occasions by cutting the chicanes, was not pleased, though he eventually overtook the Williams.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?‚??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others