Robert Kubica faded from fifth at the end of lap one to eighth by the chequered flag.
|Robert Kubica||Vitaly Petrov|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’22.880 (-0.939)||1’23.819|
|Average race lap||1’27.143 (-0.847)||1’27.990|
Believed the best they could hope for was seventh on the grid. But couldn’t improve on his second run in Q3 and ended up ninth, just 0.012s slower than Nico Rosberg in seventh.
He moved up to fifth at the start but lost a place to Nico H?‚??lkenberg through his pit stop. He tried to pass the Williams at the first corner but that allowed Mark Webber in to take another place off him.
Vettel also passed Kubica through the pits, leaving him eighth.
Petrov qualified 15th but was relegated to 20th for blocking Timo Glock at the start of Q1.
He ran a long stint on hard tyres to move up to tenth, but his inevitable pit stop left him 13th at the end of the race.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?‚??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others