Kamui Kobayashi’s race was over before it began in Monza.
|Pedro de la Rosa||Kamui Kobayashi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’24.044 (+0.385)||1’23.659|
|Average race lap||1’28.358|
Vitantonio Liuzzi’s technical problem probably saved de la Rosa from being eliminated in Q1 as he was unhappy with its balance:
It was a tough qualifying for me. Since this morning I haven?óÔé¼Ôäót felt comfortable in the car, and it just didn?óÔé¼Ôäót feel like it did yesterday. We put on more downforce, but we never managed to get a good compromise between rear end stability and top end speed.
However, I think the car will perform better in the race and I will see what I can do.
Pedro de la Rosa
His hopes of a better race didn’t materialise. He came home 14th in a race that was completely unremarkable, apart from him being in front of Fernando Alonso when his fellow Spaniard driver went off late in the race.
Rumours this weekend claimed de la Rosa will be replaced by Nick Heidfeld at the team before the next race.
Peter Sauber said he was happy with 13th on the grid for Kobayashi, who re-signed for the team for 2011 ahead of the race weekend.
Unfortunately his race never really began as technical director James Key explained:
We felt we might be in a position to score points, but unfortunately there was a problem on Kamui?óÔé¼Ôäós car, which appears to be an ECU problem. We need to look into it further to understand it, but the problem caused damage to his gearbox on his out lap.
We changed the ECU, but the gearbox was too badly damaged. We decided to start him from the pit lane, but immediately he felt the gearbox was a problem, so he had to stop, which was a shame.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)