Williams technical director Sam Michael said Nico H?â??lkenberg’s drive to seventh in the Italian Grand Prix was his best showing so far in Formula 1:
Nico finished sixth in Budapest, but he was consistently strong throughout the whole weekend in Monza. I would say then that, yes, his overall performance was his best to date.
He denied H?â??lkenberg should have been given a penalty for cutting the chicane while running in front of Mark Webber:
Nico didn’t gain any advantage on the occasions when he went through the chicanes. Buemi did exactly the same while running ahead of Rubens but, because he didn’t gain an advantage, he wasn’t penalised either.
However he pointed out that H?â??lkenberg had the advantage of running a new engine at Monza, something team mate Rubens Barrichello did not have:
Nico had a new engine, but Rubens had the same one as he used in Spa. It is obviously a significant benefit to have a new engine, and particularly when we?óÔé¼Ôäóre racing at these power-hungry circuits.
Rubens?óÔé¼Ôäó car was handling similarly to Nico’s. Although he didn?óÔé¼Ôäót have the same pace as Nico over the weekend, he still scored an important point for the team.
He added the team is readying an upgrade package for its FW32 for the next race:
We have a large upgrade for the FW32 for Singapore. It will be the last upgrade package we will bring to the car this season and we expect it to be competitive.
2010 Italian Grand Prix
- Technical review: Italian Grand Prix
- Jamey Price watches the Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Hamilton: “I could have done some passing”
- Sutil: “I was in the wrong place everywhere”
- H?â??lkenberg’s drive “his best to date”
- 2010 Italian Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Italian Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Late scare with de la Rosa can’t keep Alonso from victory (Ferrari race review)
- Set-up gamble pays off for Button as Hamilton crashes (McLaren race review)
- Vettel recovers to surprise fourth after mid-race drama (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others