52 comments on 10 reasons why more than 10,000 people follow F1 Fanatic on Twitter

1. Ned Flanders (@ned-flanders) said on 19th September 2010, 16:06

I always used to hate Twitter, the way it took of in popularity so much kind of annoyed. And I hate how messages are refered to as ‘tweets’! But then I thought, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, and since then I’ve found it to be great.

People should drop their Twitter hang ups and give it a try, you may well find it worth having

2. Maksutov said on 19th September 2010, 16:33

twitter, facebook? dont want it dont need it.

3. I know there’s a lot of negativity towards Twitter but the idea of just following celebs who only talk about what they’re going to put on their sandwich is a myth.

It’s great to follow the teams who usually post wonderful pictures and ask them questions (Virgin treat their fans incredibly well esp if you’re at a race), journalists sometimes give hints at stories or nice little bits of information, drivers do reply sometimes and it’s an excellent tool to find fellow fanatics and other f1 fans and chat/debate just for the fun of it.

Twitter certainly beats Facebook for following F1. Facebook is only worth chatting to friends, uploading pictures and declaring how hungover opr unlucky in love you are.

4. Haha, just checked the Twitter directory list and entered USF1 twitter

last tweet made me laugh!

“The US F1 Team web server is down and is being repaired as this is written. We are not gone, as many have reported. More news soon.
    11:53 AM Feb 18th vía web”

5. US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 19th September 2010, 21:03

Keith, one thing I find your Twitter feed particularly useful for is catching up on FP1 and FP3 sessions, which aren’t televised in the US, and are on too early for me to watch live online. It’s much more enjoyable to go back on Twitter and get a sort of play by play of how each session unfolded before I go and read the recap articles and find out who was fastest. It’s much more akin to actually having watched the session, than is reading a brief article that just gives a few highlights.

6. I follow you and I can strongly recommmend it ;-) Always up to date with it, everywhere!

7. i am not a fan of using my phone for anything other than talking/texting to friends,in NZ we have live feeds of all the practice and qualifying then race,
    i did once have the PC running and watched Fanatic’s live feed but it was simpler to watch it live.
    so i guess its whether you have the broadcast or not then Tweeter is the next best thing.
    F1 sites which include Fanatic are still the best form of information i can find, i check out Mark Webbers and Jensons pages but otherwise Fanatic is the best place i can see for info.
    thanks Keith.

8. hawkfist said on 20th September 2010, 0:55

The one thing I would say is I like following the main twitter account for keeping up with articles and points of interest, but it gets a bit spammy during a greenlight sessions. Possibly make a different account for the once-every-two-minute commentary so it doesn’t blot everything else out for a couple of hours at a time.

That or I’m just being moany :D

9. Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 20th September 2010, 8:03

I have to say that I was reluctant to use Twitter at first, I didn’t see the point of it. But now I’ve been a member for a few months I have to say it’s really great to be able to follow F1 Fanatic and many other people, from journalists and drivers to fellow F1 Fanatics. I’d highly recommend it.

10. I must say that twitter is great besides following F1.My daily commute is much more fun because I read what’s new on timeline and for example because of twitter I wasn’t late for work this morning.I took a different bus because I read about an accident on my usual route to work minutes after it happened so I wasn’t stuck in traffic jam because of that.

11. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st September 2010, 13:35

I joined as instructed and got a re-tweet..thanks Keith!

12. Not sure why people hate Twitter. I guess it’s what you make of it, I follow lots of F1 accounts and it’s great for news, information and insider pictures and such. Not only that but I’ve got some great freebies and treats because of it, I’ve got in touch with Virgin and Red Bull whilst at the German GP and they’ve let me into their garages during FP2 and Qualifying :) I’ve also won lots of competitions like a print from F1 Photos, £100 giftcard for H&M and a signed Lewis & Heikki print, in fact there’s so much I wont bore you with it all. Twitter is actually amazing.

• AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st September 2010, 23:07

I must admit, I didn’t get the appeal for a long time. But it is very useful for following something like F1. Just a constant stream of information.

13. MDHayes (@themdawg) said on 29th September 2010, 21:49

Signed up and started to follow today