Christian Klien will return to F1 action this weekend in place of Sakon Yamamoto at HRT.
Team principal Colin Kolles explained the reason for the 11th-hour change:
It looks as if Sakon Yamamoto has a food poisoning, and he doesn’t feel well. Because of this, Christian Klien will be driving the car this Friday and the rest of the Singapore Grand Prix. I hope Sakon gets well soon and is able to drive at his home Grand Prix in Japan.
However it may be significant that the team chose to put Klien, their other reserve driver, in the car instead of Karun Chandhok, who has started ten races for them this year.
Klien previously drove for the team in first practice for the Spanish and European Grands Prix. He will be the fourth driver to start a race for the team this year along with Yamamoto, Chandhok and Bruno Senna.
2010 Singapore Grand Prix
- Technical review: Singapore Grand Prix
- Webber: Ferrari have momentum (Video)
- Final tracks suit McLaren better – Button
- No change in my approach – Hamilton
- Williams expect to keep up with Renault
- 2010 Singapore Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Fourth win of 2010 is Alonso’s best yet (Ferrari race review)
- Poor pace and another Hamilton DNF hits title hopes (McLaren race review)
- Webber has champion’s luck but lacks Vettel’s pace (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others