Felipe Massa will change his engine after qualifying last on the grid for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Massa’s gearbox seized during his out-lap in Q1, meaning he failed to set a time:
I had a problem with the gearbox which seized unexpectedly, without giving any warning and so I had to stop out on the track: now we have to understand exactly what happened.
We will change the engine as a precaution, also taking into account the fact I am last on the grid.
I?óÔé¼Ôäóm expecting to have a very complicated race, especially as we are at a track where overtaking is very difficult, but it?óÔé¼Ôäós true that anything can always happen: rain, safety car, who knows.
I am very disappointed of course because today we had a very competitive car, as Fernando proved. I like this track but it seems that it does not bring me much luck.
Massa’s ten-place grid penalty for using his ninth engine of the season will have no effect on his starting position.
2010 Singapore Grand Prix
- Technical review: Singapore Grand Prix
- Webber: Ferrari have momentum (Video)
- Final tracks suit McLaren better – Button
- No change in my approach – Hamilton
- Williams expect to keep up with Renault
- 2010 Singapore Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Fourth win of 2010 is Alonso’s best yet (Ferrari race review)
- Poor pace and another Hamilton DNF hits title hopes (McLaren race review)
- Webber has champion’s luck but lacks Vettel’s pace (Red Bull race review)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others