Adrian Sutil has been given a 20-second penalty by the stewards of the Singapore Grand Prix for going off the track and gaining an advantage during the race.
Although the stewards said Sutil cut turn seven on the first lap of the race, the penalty wasn’t given until after the race had finished.
The penalty drops Sutil from eighth to tenth and promotes Nico H?â??lkenberg and Felipe Massa one place each in the final standings.
It means Force India fall behind Williams in the constructors’ championship.
It also means Sutil fails to overtake Michael Schumacher in the drivers’ championship.
2010 Singapore Grand Prix
- Technical review: Singapore Grand Prix
- Webber: Ferrari have momentum (Video)
- Final tracks suit McLaren better – Button
- No change in my approach – Hamilton
- Williams expect to keep up with Renault
- 2010 Singapore Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Fourth win of 2010 is Alonso’s best yet (Ferrari race review)
- Poor pace and another Hamilton DNF hits title hopes (McLaren race review)
- Webber has champion’s luck but lacks Vettel’s pace (Red Bull race review)