Poor qualifying left Force India with a lot of ground to make up on Sunday.
|Adrian Sutil||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’48.899 (-0.062)||1’48.961|
|Average race lap||1’58.131 (-10.087)||2’08.218|
Sutil blamed traffic on his Q2 out-lap keeping him from getting his tyres up to temperature for registering his worst qualifying performance of the year: 16th before being promoted by Hülkenberg’s penalty.
Pitted during the first safety car period then spent nine laps stuck behind Timo Glock’s Virgin.
Ended the race eighth on the track but was demoted to ninth by a penalty for going off on the first lap.
Damaged his front wing against Nick Heidfeld’s car on lap one and also made contact with the barrier at some point. It caused a suspension failure which ended his race.
In the run-up to the race there were fresh reports Paul di Resta will take his place at the team next year, but the team’s reserve driver did not drive the car over the weekend.
2010 Singapore Grand Prix
- Technical review: Singapore Grand Prix
- Webber: Ferrari have momentum (Video)
- Final tracks suit McLaren better – Button
- No change in my approach – Hamilton
- Williams expect to keep up with Renault
- 2010 Singapore Grand Prix – the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Singapore Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Fourth win of 2010 is Alonso’s best yet (Ferrari race review)
- Poor pace and another Hamilton DNF hits title hopes (McLaren race review)
- Webber has champion’s luck but lacks Vettel’s pace (Red Bull race review)