The Ferrari team will pay tribute to four Italian soldiers killed in Afghanistan by wearing black armbands on Sunday at the Japanese Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa’s cars will be “decorated in similar fashion”, the team said on Saturday.
Stefano Domenicali said:
The death of four of our fellow countrymen working as part of a peace mission grieves us greatly. We are with their families in spirit and wish to honour their memory.
2010 Japanese Grand Prix
- Force India pair expect busy Friday
- Technical review: Japanese Grand Prix
- Tom Hitchings watches the Japanese GP at Suzuka
- Massa pleased by di Montezemolo’s support
- Hamilton takes heart from McLaren pace
- Mercedes admit missed opportunity to keep Schumacher in front of Rosberg
- Alonso says five drivers can still win title
- 2010 Japanese Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Dominant win for Vettel piles pressure on Webber (Red Bull race review)