Vitaly Petrov has been handed a five-place grid penalty for the next round of the championship at Korea for his collision with Nico H?â??lkenberg on the first lap of the Japanese Grand Prix.
However Felipe Massa has not been punished for his collision moments later with Vitantonio Liuzzi.
All four drivers retired from the race.
Massa went off the track at the first corner, rejoined and hit Liuzzi. The stewards said:
The stewards after hearing the explanation of both the competitors representatives and the drivers decided that the incident requires no further action.
Petrov was given a penalty for “[Causing] a collision with car 10, Nico H?â??lkenberg.”
2010 Japanese Grand Prix
- Force India pair expect busy Friday
- Technical review: Japanese Grand Prix
- Massa pleased by di Montezemolo’s support
- Hamilton takes heart from McLaren pace
- Mercedes admit missed opportunity to keep Schumacher in front of Rosberg
- Alonso says five drivers can still win title
- 2010 Japanese Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Dominant win for Vettel piles pressure on Webber (Red Bull race review)
- Disaster for Massa (Ferrari race review)