Sebastien Buemi ended the team’s six-race points drought by bring the car home in the top ten for the first time since the European Grand Prix.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’33.568 (+0.097)||1’33.471|
|Average race lap||1’43.776 (-0.707)||1’44.483|
Was knocked out in Q1 for the first time having been on course to improve with his final lap before losing time behind a HRT.
Had an uneventful race, rising to tenth largely due to other drivers’ problems. Felt he could have pushed Rubens Barrichello harder if he’d changed tyres sooner:
It was a good race for us and I am happy to have got a point.
However, it was a bit frustrating as, towards the end, I was catching Barrichello by around one second per lap and maybe if I had switched to the Option tyre earlier I would have been more competitive and got closer to him and maybe got past.
The problem I had in qualifying with the floor of my car did not help, as it was the first time I have failed to get into Q2.
Out-qualified his team mate but threw away his chance of points by needlessly banging wheels with Kamui Kobayashi and damaging his front wing, which meant he had to pit:
Kobayashi was much faster than me, but that is not a reason to let him past, so I fought as hard as I could and we touched and I had to pit for a new nose.
I hope my team principal is happy that I was very determined. I am happy for the team that Buemi got a point.
Alguersuari hasn’t scored since the Spanish Grand Prix and is now placed lowest in the drivers’ championship among the drivers who are not racing for new teams.
2010 Japanese Grand Prix
- Force India pair expect busy Friday
- Technical review: Japanese Grand Prix
- Tom Hitchings watches the Japanese GP at Suzuka
- Massa pleased by di Montezemolo’s support
- Hamilton takes heart from McLaren pace
- Mercedes admit missed opportunity to keep Schumacher in front of Rosberg
- Alonso says five drivers can still win title
- 2010 Japanese Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Japanese Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Dominant win for Vettel piles pressure on Webber (Red Bull race review)