Rosberg concerned over Korea surface

Nico Rosberg admits he is concerned that the late completion of the Korean International Circuit may cause problems with the track’s surface.

He said:

It will be an exciting challenge to race at the new Korean circuit. It looks great from the pictures that we have seen recently and I hope that the asphalt holds up as it has only been put down very recently.

It is always interesting to learn a new circuit and generally I get up to speed quickly so I’m looking forward to the weekend.
Nico Rosberg

The race organisers finished laying the track last week.

For team mate Michael Schumacher it is one of several new circutis he has had to learn this year:

Finally this year we are going to a circuit which is not only new for me but for all of the drivers. Korea will be a very interesting country to see and even if the track has only just been finished in time, I am confident that everything will be fine.

I am very much in favour of new races and I think it is a benefit for all of us in the sport. It should not be too complicated to learn the layout and we are used to adapting quickly to new circumstances.

We had quite a good race in Japan last weekend and are hoping that we can move forward again and put on a good show at the first race in Korea.
Michael Schumacher

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

11 comments on Rosberg concerned over Korea surface

1. BasCB (@bascb) said on 15th October 2010, 11:20

Nice to see at least one of them is thinking about the really fresh asphalt as a worry. Schumi should be willing to finish ahead of at least his teammate, after being faster last GP.

2. MacLeod said on 15th October 2010, 12:00

Lets hope the tarmac is ruining those tyres and i am happy. A bit of rain would make it … fun

3. Blog_Raider said on 15th October 2010, 13:18

…Oily or not it is the same for every driver, get down there and do some racing buddy!!!

4. John H said on 15th October 2010, 13:22

“Finally this year we are going to a circuit which is not only new for me but for all of the drivers”

What about Spa, Montreal, Monza, Sepang, Monaco, Bahrain, Silverstone… were these circuits really ‘new’ to the great man?

5. I hope the tarmac will hold but as MacLeod said i would love to see those tires shreded, as for Schumi he should go home let the younger guys drive. when he gave up racing he was toast and have had two very bad season with Ferrari coming back now was pointless.

6. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 16th October 2010, 4:51

Mercedes showed great pace in the last race so I am hoping that if they can carry the momentum & some drivers in the top of the order struggle which they says will be a difficult track to driver if the tarmac don’t hold together then I wouldn’t be surprise to see a surprise winner this weekend.

Nico should be confident not nervous.