I?óÔé¼Ôäóm very proud that my country has made this decision, which will make F1 even more popular in Russia. Almost all the drivers already have a home race so I hope that I can experience the same special feeling of racing at home in a few years?óÔé¼Ôäó time.
Petrov’s contract with Renault has not yet been renewed for next year.
Looking ahead to this weekend’s race in Korea, Petrov expects the new circuit to prove challening:
It looks like a tricky circuit. The third sector looks quite a challenge because it?óÔé¼Ôäós low-speed with most corners probably taken in second or third gear. Turns seven and eight will be quick corners and there are three long straights where it?óÔé¼Ôäós important to use the f-duct. Overall I think it will be quite a good circuit for our car. There should also be some opportunities for overtaking.
The best thing is to walk the track and see it for yourself. Then, I like to do some laps on my bike to understand as much as I can. You have to look at things like the kerbs and the run-off areas. All this is helpful, but you obviously learn the most during the first free practice session. It?óÔé¼Ôäós important that you know the lap by the end of this first session.
With three rounds remaining this year and after an early retirement at Suzuka he is aiming for more points finishes in the final races:
I always try to be in the top ten and that must be the target this weekend. I think we had the potential to do this in Suzuka, but I need to make sure I don?óÔé¼Ôäót make any mistakes. Scoring points is important and that will be my aim in Korea.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)