An unhappy Rubens Barrichello said he was lucky to make it into Q3 after being held up by Michael Schumacher in the second part of qualifying:
I don’t want it to become personal. We’ve had some problems in the past and we’re having problems in some situations such as Hungary.
I’m a down-to-earth guy, I’m a very cool guy which means I have a lot of respect even for the slowest cars and to the quckest ones.
We all make mistakes and we are allowed to make a mistake and apologise. He just came to apologise, in a way, that the team didn’t tell him.
But I was on a fast lap, he has mirrors and you cannot blame everything on the team. I’m a little bit sad about the situation because I was only lucky that I passed on to qually three because he really slowed me down.
Footage from qualifying shows Barrichello spent several corner stuck behind Schumacher and had to abort his attempt at the lap. The Williams driver ended Q2 in tenth.
Update: The stewards reprimanded Schumacher for blocking Barrichello but did not impose any further penalty.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)