2010 Korean Grand Prix grid

22. Lucas di Grassi 1’42.325
Virgin-Cosworth
Row 12 23. Sakon Yamamoto 1’42.444
HRT-Cosworth
24. Bruno Senna 1’43.283
HRT-Cosworth

*Five-place penalty for causing an avoidable accident in the Japanese Grand Prix.

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

17 comments on 2010 Korean Grand Prix grid

1. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 23rd October 2010, 7:08

Yes, no Ferrari on the front row! So long as the Red Bulls can hold him off until turn four, I’d say the race is theirs for the taking. If it were me, I’d have Webber and Vettel drive side-by-side (or at least as close to side-by-side as possible) to block Alonso’s chances of getting through at turn three.

2. At first I was gutted Alonso lost pole then I was delighted when Webber got p2 and he was on the clean side esp after what Gene said.

Massa messed up q3 strategy again I feel. If he had done two runs I feel he’d have been more dialled in and it might have ggone better but ifs and buts mean nothing. He looked promising and then failed to deliver. It seems to be a trend this season.

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 23rd October 2010, 8:06

He is genuinely quick though Steph, so don’t get too down. :) I reckon he is a good chance for a podium.

• Thanks! I’m pretty happy really it’s just as soon as he went p1 I imnmediately got carried away and pictured him on the top step of the podium. It’s fair to say I let my emotions run away with me. A podium would be lovely with either of them :D

3. Calum said on 23rd October 2010, 9:35

Petrov got a grid penalty? When was that confirmed? Total inconsistency, Hamilton in Monza was avoidable, Webber in Singapore was avoidable, Vettel in Turkey was avoidable, and Massa in Japan was avoidable :/

Why did these incedints not merit grid penalties.

• Petrov was given the penalty right after the Japanese GP. I think wheather a driver gets penalised or not is down to wheather the accident was down to a driver’s incompetence, or if it’s just two drivers racing too hard and collding with each other.

4. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 23rd October 2010, 12:58

I’d worry if I was Webber, Alonso is on the better side and Hamilton is likely to make a quicker start, not to mention of Rosberg pulls something out to jump both of them. And if it rains all predictions are out of the window.

I don’t personally feel good for the result tomorrow but whatever it is it’s going to be very fascinating for the championship. One DNF from anyone and it’s curtains for them.

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 23rd October 2010, 19:42

I have a feeling Webber will have a very hard time holding off Alonso and Hamilton on the first lap, which should let Vettel pull away enough to stay in the lead through S1.

• macahan said on 23rd October 2010, 20:15

Only thing we can hope for is that Webber get a good start and not do another poor start like he did in Japan.

If RBR is lucky Hamilton and Alonso will touch and cause each other problems ;P

5. ed24f1 (@ed24f1) said on 23rd October 2010, 13:50

Just a shout out for Yamamoto – he’s been gradually improving in comparison to Senna every race, and now he’s outqualified him.

Not good signs for Senna in the last few races.

• Yamamoto outqualified him by quite a margin as well, the pressure will be on Senna if he can’t improve.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 23rd October 2010, 18:36

By out-qualifying his rookie team mate Yamamoto should be satisfying our minimum expectations of him. I think this is only the second time in his F1 career he’s out-qualified his team mate.

Senna missed a large chunk of practice yesterday because his car broke. Yamamoto on the other hand had a car that ran fine and stuck it in a barrier.

So I’m not really going along with the “hasn’t Yamamoto done well” thing.

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 23rd October 2010, 19:43

Yeah it’s hardly a comparison. Bruno got the short end of the straw.

• macahan said on 23rd October 2010, 20:26

The one that really gotten the short end of the straw is Karun. He sure gave Senna a hard match and was up to speed faster then Senna but unluckily team financially struggles so the drivers that could bring in the most money have won the seat. Hope to see Karun in a real team next year. Would be a shame if he didn’t get a drive and prove himself because in such a dog of a car he sure showed he was good and fast (many, many times faster then Senna) and such a great personality.

• DaveW said on 23rd October 2010, 21:28

That’s a little harsh on Yamamoto. Yamamoto had a spin and just barely touched the barrier sitting right on the track edge. How many times did others go off the track, like Webber? Your teammate comparisons stats show that there is not much between them in qualifying whoever is coming out ahead. Yamamoto plain dusted Senna in qualifying. You have to give credit for that.

6. Chris said on 23rd October 2010, 19:10

Must say Trulli did a good job, 1.2s quicker than Kovalainen dispite gearbox issues in practicing.