Korean Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

Qualifying, Korea, 2010

The second day of action at the Korean International Circuit saw a closely-fought battle for pole position.

Several drivers also participated in a ceremony marking the opening of the new track by having casts of their hand prints taken.

See below for more pictures from Saturday in Korea.

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

Images ?? Ferrari spa, Bridgestone/Ercole Colombo, www.mclaren.com, Getty Images/Red Bull, Force India F1 Team, Korean GP, BMW Sauber F1 Team

21 comments on Korean Grand Prix qualifying in pictures

1. i love all those pictures that show that speed in a still image ;]

2. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 23rd October 2010, 12:26

Keith, who is it that takes these photos? Some of them are utterly fantastic – since I can’t watch practice or qualifying, they’re the highlight of my weekend before the race.

• Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 23rd October 2010, 12:46

Thanks PM – they’re from the sources listed at the bottom of the page, with some further details below the images on their individual pages.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 23rd October 2010, 14:21

they’re the highlight of my weekend

Heh, reading back over that, I think I need to get out more. Or I need a girl. Or both. They’re great pictures and they are the highlight of my weekend pre-race, but it just sounded a lot less pathetic in my head.

• US_Peter said on 23rd October 2010, 18:58

Yeah, they really are fantastic. I always look forward to going through all the pics from a new session and seeing which ones I want to stick in my desktop background rotation.

3. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 23rd October 2010, 12:49

Wow, Alonso’s got huge hands.

And you know what they say about men with big hands …

4. SparkyJay23 said on 23rd October 2010, 13:31

I’m ever grateful for these great pictures, thanks to all involved.

It’s great that there are folks confident enough in their ability to show their pictures (yes, i’m talking about Darren “small thumbs” Heath).

5. It was clearly visible that this place isnt totally ready to host GP…

• To be honest I suspect that the improvements they put in to make it ready for next year will have the opposite effect, and make it less exciting.

6. The one with Alonso with his hands on his hips make him look like he’s having a strop at his car or planning world domination tomorrow or just Korea

7. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 23rd October 2010, 20:43

I love the Schumacher one: “let’s show them how it’s done!”

He might not have the speed yet/anymore, but I’ll always love Michael.