Alonso leads championship – points in full

Drivers’ championship

12 Virgin 0

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

163 comments on Alonso leads championship – points in full

1. Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 24th October 2010, 10:05

Food for thought:

After seventeen races, no driver has won a race while leading the World Championship. Given that Alonso has no engines left, let’s start the betting pool on when the next one is going to nuke itself.

That said, as much as I hate Alonso right now, I want him to win. I want him to keep winning so that when the chequered flag falls in Abu Dhabi, he’s more than seven points ahead of everyone else. Races like Korea give Formula 1 credibility … we should be seeing that compromised.

• A better FIRST comment would have been welcomed but u started in the wrong note.

• Louis said on 24th October 2010, 10:07

Well, I hate Ferrari and Alonso, but subtract the 7 that belonged to Massa, and Alonso’s still #1.

• Dianna said on 24th October 2010, 18:39

@ Prisoner monkeys AND Louis,Please don’t say you HATE Alonso and Ferrari,there is no room in this sport for Haters.
        I can undersatnd your reaction being Australians,but this was a VERY,VERY hard & difficult race and the most experienced 4 drivers – who I may say have had plenty of bad luck this year,rose to the challenge and met it head on.
        You do not get to become a World Champion by sailing through Grand Prix in dry and sunny weather.Foul weather races like today,sort out the most talented drivers from the lesser.The one exception being Jensen who as a World Champion,sadly fell behind.BUT,at least he finished,so well done Jensen.

• Louis said on 25th October 2010, 15:59

“Please don’t say you HATE Alonso and Ferrari,there is no room in this sport for Haters.”

Yes Ma’am! Will do Ma’am! Anything else you’d like Ma’am?!?

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 10:12

Couldn’t agree more. If it’s by anything less than 7 it’ll be a total sham.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 10:42

I hope Alonso’s not superstitious because that’s a worrying stat for him!

• James said on 24th October 2010, 10:52

Alonso is gonna win it this year – he’s probably in the form of his life at the moment. He could take an engine penalty in Brazil and still fight his way through the field and get a decent finish in Brazil.

• Sangeen said on 24th October 2010, 11:22

I say if fernando wins by less than 7 points it justfies their hockenheim decision even more

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 24th October 2010, 11:33

Why?

The World Champion is the best driver in the world. A man who cannot pass his own team-mate without the team telling said team-mate to move over is quite clearly not the best driver in the world.

• This is a tiresome albeit predictable remark, nothing like a win for Alonso for all the spite to start spewing, eh?

Seriously, can we get past all this drivel whether its from the pro-Alonso camp or pro-Hamilton camp?

Is there an ignore feature that I can use to block out posts that spout nonsense on Hammy, Alonso, or Schumi, so that I can focus on posts that focus on racing?

• TommyC said on 24th October 2010, 13:29

i think you’ll find he’s australian…i don’t know, but are you truly a fan of hamilton PM?

i don’t think 2007 comes into this at all. just the fact that alonso was handed 7 points by his team in an ‘unsportsmanlike’ manner. but for me, he’s more than redeemed himself with his performances in italy, singapore, japan and now in korea.

but go WEBBER!

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 18:59

I’m not pro-Alonso or pro-Hamilton, and the 7 points really do bother me. Yes Alonso has really proven himself since Monza, but it’s an entire season which counts for the championship and that includes Germany’s result, which is why if he wins I want him to win decisively by more than 7 points.

• Jesus said on 26th October 2010, 18:46

Fuel problem, Jenson! Fuel problem, Lewis! What big champions are…

• james said on 24th October 2010, 12:01

I couldnt be more agreed with this comment, considering that all teams but RB have done it this season.
        And you see where RB are by now. Mark has gone out because of the presure from his team mate. The handling of RB has been demostrated as bad as the Ron in 07.
        Shame for them. WDC and WCC should been in their pockets already.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 20:54

I don’t really care about the 7 points he got because he was gifted them, but more by the fact he got them by breaking the rules.

• Víctor said on 24th October 2010, 21:33

Utterly true….if dogs are barking it means, Sancho, that we ride…

• Daffid said on 24th October 2010, 14:24

Whether he wins by less than 7 points or not, the fact is, he has the points and that’s relieved him of a lot of extra pressure that he otherwise would have had to catch up.

I said at the start of the season he’d win, I said it in the middle when he was 12-1, I’m sure he will win, but it still feels lousy.

• Bartholomew said on 24th October 2010, 15:41

It seems to me that when drivers see Alonso in their rear-view mirrors, they tend to blow up engines ( I can think of Shumi, Vettel), wear out and blow up tyres, or make mistakes.
      Fast Fred in the rear view mirrors is baaaad news.

Changing the subject,is it possible that there are drivers that treat their engines better than others in this high-tech age?
      I know that back then drivers like Stirling Moss were well known to be very hard on their engines. Moss was more than fast enough to win several WDC, but he did not because he was very tough on his cars.

How about today? please I would appretiate some good opinions
      Thanks and cheers

• baracca said on 24th October 2010, 16:54

I’d really like to know. Some say that with the rev limitations and all the new tech there’s very little a driver can do to cause motor malfunction (apart from crashing, I guess). I don’t have the expertise but it seems to me that Seb must be doing something wrong to get so many mechanical DNFs while Mark has none. Also, unless Fred has an engine-zapper gun hidden inside the Ferrari, it’s hard to explain that the cars in front of him tend to break down if it is not caused by overdemanding nervous drivers.

2. I see Quick Nick has matched de la Rosa’s points haul after just 3 races.

3. Calum said on 24th October 2010, 10:14

So if Alosno wins another race he is Champion. Simples.

• Enigma (@enigma) said on 24th October 2010, 10:40

Not true. If he wins in front of Webber, his lead is 18 points. So if he gets a no score in Abu Dhabi and Webber wins, Webber is the champion.

• Much as i hate to say it ..this was payback time for Weber.He refused to accept responsibilty for taking Hamilton out at Singapore and therefore i have no simpathy for him crushing out.
        it is likely that the red bulls will mount a comeback but for once they are on the backfoot.
        I still think that we shall have the final two races decided between Alonso and Hamilton.
        The redbulls can continue to dominate the front during qualifications but we seen a very poor pole to win and poll to finish ration from them as one of the top teams fighting for this years big prizes.
        DNF for the ferraris is a very strong posibilty due to engine restrictions.

• Dianna said on 24th October 2010, 18:45

Don’t forget another innocent victim of Mark Webbers aggression today was Rosberg,but when they interviewed Webber later,he never apologised for taking Rosberg out or even asking about him, which is a nasty black mark in his etiquette book I am afraid.
          There are other drivers on track who are trying just as hard to score points.

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:18

Headline on ESPNF1 is: ‘I wrecked Rosberg’s race too.’ — Webber.

• You do realise that he made a mistake, and that from an early point in the crash he was just a passenger right?

… But your right, he must be evil.

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:23

He refused to take responsibility because it wasn’t his fault. It was a racing accident. Even the British commentators thought it was more Hamilton’s fault!

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:21

Key Statistic for me is this:

1: Vettel, 2: Webber, 3: Alonso;
        1: Webber, 2: Alonso
        = Alonso wins championship.

OTOH:

1: Webber, 2: Vettel, 3: Alonso;
        1: Webber, 2: Alonso
        = Webber wins championship.

Someone at Red Bull may have to make a call at the next race.

• Stretch (@stretch) said on 25th October 2010, 3:25

A bit of Ferrari-ness, ehh? ;)
          Certainly will make it interesting last race

• 1: Vettel, 2: Webber, 3:Alonso
          1: Vettel, 2: Webber, 3: Hamilton, 4: Alonso
          = Alonso wins championship

1: Vettel, 2: Webber, DNF: Alonso
          1: Alonso, 2: Vettel, 3: Webber
          = Alonso wins championship

Agree, someone at Red Bull may have to make a call.

• Next race is the key. If Vettel finish ahead of Webber regardless of Alonso position, Alonso almost have it. Consider following scenario.
            1: Vettel, 2: Webber, DNF: Alonso
            1: Alonso, 2/3: Webber, 2/3: Vettel
            = Alonso wins championship

But of course, if Alonso is unable to win after one DNF, he is not champion. But Red bull need to pray for Alonso DNF.

4. Santi said on 24th October 2010, 10:15

Happy for Alonso’s win. But I’m a bit upset about Rosberg. I think he deserved better…

And what about Sutil? He was driving like nuts! Isn’t he going to get a fine or something for dangerous driving?

5. Younger Hamilton said on 24th October 2010, 10:16

I hate Alonso too me being a McLaren fan but i have to say i much rather have him win the title than Vettel or Webber who has some stupid errors throughout the season if Lewis is out in Interlagos then in Abu Dhabi(if title is not decided) then i will be supporting Alonso(I still hate him).What a great race.What a great boost for Lewis!

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 24th October 2010, 10:22

Pretty much everybody has blown it at some point or other during the season. Today was Button’s turn. And Webber’s, I suppose.

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 19:04

Funny you mention Button and Webber, ’cause it got me thinking about their bad races. Silverstone was another for Button, and Valencia for Webber. It seems when Button has a bad race he somehow manages to drive one of the faster cars to the back of the pack. Webber on the other hand crashes out spectacularly.

6. Should be an equal playing field now with the top three teams backing one driver.

Given that it was suppose to be Mclarens best track of the remaining races its now a two horse race (with DNFs for Alo and Web maybe an outside chance for Vettel and less so for Hamilton)

• bananarama said on 24th October 2010, 10:26

Yes, Ferrari are for Alonso, McLaren for Hamilton and RedBull for Vettel .. if you listen to Helmut Marko, thats what you have to believe (seems he isn’t very good at math).

7. PS Are Alonso, Webber, Hamilton and Vettel going to score less than 8 points over two races.

A: No, Button is out of it.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 24th October 2010, 10:31

Would you believe me if I had come up to you yesterday and told you that Webber would crash and take Roberg out, that Alonso would inherit the lead when Vettel had a mechanical fault (again), that Button would fail to score after a dud strategy call and that the race would be delayed an hour by rain and yet the drivers would still complete the full 55 laps?

The point is that, as the legendary Murray Walker would say, anything can happen in Formula 1 – and it usually does.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 10:57

Using the 2.5 multiplier for converting to old points, Button’s deficit is…17 points.

But Button has to beat one more driver than Kimi did, in a car that isn’t as competitive.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 24th October 2010, 11:19

Still doesn’t mean he’s out of it.

• David BR said on 24th October 2010, 11:44

No but McLaren should decide strategy, if necessary, as though he is. The chances are too small now.

• Red Andy (@red-andy) said on 24th October 2010, 11:44

Mathematically, no. But there are many more factors that make it much more difficult for Button than it was for Kimi. In addition to what Icthyes says, Jenson also has to contend with a teammate in the same car, who is usually faster, and who will probably get the primary backing of the team in the championship run-in.

Plus the current championship leader isn’t likely to frighten himself into costly errors in consecutive races, which is the main reason Kimi was able to make up so much ground in 2007.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 11:46

It means he might as well be as makes no difference. And I was wrong, he has two more driver to beat than Kimi, which makes it even worse for him.

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 19:10

In fact Button would have to beat the SAME two drivers Räikkönen beat, plus Webber and Vettel who are in the magical RB6. I think Button knows he’s out of it now, and based on my perception of his relationship with Hamilton and the fact that he’s really a decent guy I think he’ll probably throw his support behind his teammate for the last two races.

• I think if Button is leading a McLaren 1-2 with Alonso third in Brazil, they will switch places.

Its over for Button!

• baracca said on 24th October 2010, 12:36

Lewis still has an slim chance but Jenson needs a full-blown miracle, or more like a full string of them.

• In a WORD YES.

I’ve always said Webber would have at least one DNF in the last 5 races and Button would finish a race but not in the points.

• PS. Now all we need is an Alonso finish in place 7 – 10 in one of the last two races and I will complete my hat-trick of predictions.

Rubbish at the top 5 predictions for each race though ;-)

8. DaveW said on 24th October 2010, 10:19

I’m not his #1 supporter and I prefer rocket red to red, but you cant deny him his due. He is really good.

The interesting bit on the constructors point is how Ferrari are now able to overtake McLaren for second, which seemed impossible a short while ago, with Massa floundering so badly.

And on this point let me add: no thanks to you, Jenson Button. Button, once again trying palor tricks instead of putting his head down and beating the car ahead. China and Australia now go down in history as flukes.

Decent recovery drive from Massa.

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 24th October 2010, 10:33

The fact of the matter is Jenson cannot put his head down and beat a driver in front of him. Due to his current points tally, and his season with Brawn GP, I think people have overestimated Jenson’s ability behind the wheel. He is an average driver at best, and he knows he cannot win a race on pure pace or skill, and that is why he gets forced into gambling on risky strategies. Not every race is Australia and China.

• Harv's said on 24th October 2010, 11:29

Bahrain, Spain? i hate people who judge drivers on one performance, recently it been hamilton. today button has had a bad day, but he has been bloody consistent. please back yourself up before you start making claims,

relating to your comment webber wasnt any better and he has been leading the title for a while now so does you comment not reflect to that? at least button finished the race.

i havnt been a button fan, but i really do not agree with what you are saying about him

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 24th October 2010, 12:30

What about Bahrain and Spain??? Are you suggesting that a quick pit stop in Bahrain that catapulted him from 7th to 6th, and a 5th place finish in Spain, were outstanding drives?!? Button’s lack of pace aren’t claims anymore, they are hard facts.

And I agree Webber hasn’t been that much better, and he showed us that today as well.

9. Well, I think that Button is not a championship contender anymore : he would need a miracle to win this year.

It’s certainly the best F1 season I’ve ever seen.

• he we go again button bashing

• I was not bashing Button at all. I honestly like this driver and I hoped he (if not Webber) would get the title.
        As far as I like him, it’s just impossible for him to take the championship lead.

10. Battle for 9th place looks finished :)
    However battle for 6th also looks finished :)
    Nice, that battle for 1st isnt finished yet

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:33

Force India are still 3 points ahead of Williams. There’s something else for you to watch. Possibly also the battle for 10th in the CC.

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:34

Oh, and best Rookie. Petrov is 1 point ahead of Hulkenberg.

Also, Barrichello and Sutil are tied on points in 10th and 11th.

11. rampante said on 24th October 2010, 10:26

A superb result for Ferrari and now even the chance(if needed) to change an engine on a circuit that suits. I hope the people watching in Korea think all races are like this.

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 24th October 2010, 10:47

I think its good that Ferrari can now consider an engine change for Fernando. This race changed the face of the championship for Fernando. I really feel sorry for Vettel though, he did the best he could, and again was let down by Red Bull’s reliability problems.

I hate to say I told you so, but I did predict Mark making a mistake and getting a DNF in this race. Honestly, Mark has been the luckiest of the top 4 championship contenders when it comes to mechanical problems. I would rather see more deserving, but unluckier drivers such as Vettel, Hamilton, or Alonso take the championship instead of Mark Webber.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 10:55

I must be missing something, why does Alonso get the chance to change an engine? Or do you mean he’s got a big enough points lead to take the blow of a grid drop? I’d dispute that so I’m wondering what I’ve missed.

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 24th October 2010, 11:10

Ferrari had a lot of concerns regarding the higher temperatures of Brazil and Abu Dhabi, and their effect on their used engines. And I think Domenicali saying that they do not have the privilege of considering at engine change for Fernando because he is still trailing in the championship, and he cannot afford a 10 place penalty.

If Brazil goes relatively well for Alonso, I wouldn’t be surprised if they give him a fresh engine for Abu Dhabi, and incur a 10 place penalty. There is nothing more heart breaking than an engine failure during the race.

• I read somewhere Alonso can us the 1st engine of the season in the last race without penalty so if they get through Brazil engines are not an issue (apart from even a newish engine can blow)

• Todfod said on 24th October 2010, 20:12

@BBT. As far as I remember, the Bahrain engine was overheating in the first race itself, and was used in Malaysia, where it gave way.

• anto the irish said on 25th October 2010, 9:46

na think they found metel in the oil after partice,,or was it shell who found the metel…no overheating

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 19:12

There is nothing more heart breaking than an engine failure during the race.

I think the entire nation of Germany experienced that this morning.

• Daniel said on 24th October 2010, 23:37

Webber is still best off when it comes to Engines. The new one he used here only did half a race behind the SC, so it should still be in good condition. Ha!

• chemakal said on 24th October 2010, 11:11

well, Alo might now be in the position to take 5 pos penalty (it is 5 isn’t it?) instead of risking a DNF in one of the 2 races left.
        I don’t think it will be Brasil though. Dpending on Brasil’s result he might consider for AbuD

• rampante said on 24th October 2010, 11:13

If Alo has a podium in Brazil he could in do quali in Abu Dabhi and then take a 10 place drop to make sure he finishes in the points. If things go his way and he has another 5 or so points he could do it and remove all risk at the last race.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 11:22

Depends on the podium though. What if Webber wins in Brazil like last year?

I see the logic and it could turn out that way, just that your original post implied it could be done for the next race. But it has to be a specific situation.

• Steve said on 24th October 2010, 14:39

Its safer to be at the front than in the mid-field. Whats he more afraid of? A blown engine or being taken out by one of the force india’s?

12. Lesley said on 24th October 2010, 10:26

What the heck was the call by Maclaren for Jens Button to change to intermediates when he did in the race today.Returning in 15 place . Did they really use him as a guinea pig for Lewis? and throw away his chance ? If they did I hope Lewis is DNF for the last two races with Alonso’s engine failing and Webber and Vettal taking each other out. Then Jens can win both remaining races taking home the championship 2 times in a row Which hasn’t be done in England I think I may be wrong as I know we have had multiple winners like Mansell But I dont think he managed to win consecutively . What ever the reason for the strategy it was stupid stupid stupid and really did not help Jenson or the team

• Ivan Vinitskyy said on 24th October 2010, 10:30

Unlikely, McLaren wants constructor’s championship.

• bananarama said on 24th October 2010, 10:31

Mansell only won one title but about the rest you are right, none of the brits won in consecutive years.

I think Button said his tyres were down and the intermediates looked to pick up some pace at that time .. bad luck the safety car came out.

• Sammy said on 24th October 2010, 10:33

It wasnt McLaren bringing him out. Jenson said post race his wets were shot at that point…

• I THINK you are wrong here since Button has admitted during the F1 forum show after the race that it was his call and that his car was totally undriverble so please dont blame the team.Even in retrospect Buttons qualification on Saturday was poor so you cant blame the team or Hamilton.

13. Sammy said on 24th October 2010, 10:31

McLaren has to start the process of supporting Hamilton for the stretch run. EJ commented on that and the guys at Woking basically are still going with the company line of ‘both drivers equal opportunities’. W
    Well we see what a massive boost Fernando’s gotten since Felipe was made to capitulate to him, 3 wins in the last 4?
    McLaren again, I fear making a grave mistake.

• Red Andy (@red-andy) said on 24th October 2010, 10:44

Button has basically admitted his championship hopes are over. I think he would probably help Hamilton without being asked … though I believe McLaren will be asking him, no matter what they say in public.

• Steph said on 24th October 2010, 11:17

On the F1 forum Button said that if Kimi got up and walked away then we’d have a different champion that year and said he wasn’t out of it yet (by the maths). I don’t think he’s willing to throw in the towel just yet.

• Red Andy (@red-andy) said on 24th October 2010, 11:37

I know what you are saying but I think Button had his PR head on by that time … I would put more weight to his “heat-of-the-moment” comments when the two directly contradict one another.

Put another way, Button knows he can only win the championship if others falter. That includes Hamilton, so if Button’s in a position to deprive Hamilton of a few points I suspect he will let him through, since a few points over Lewis aren’t enough for Jenson at this stage.

• I think at the end of the day he’d be sensible enough to help Lewis but it would be funny to see a sudden u-turn. Jenson is too nice for that though!

• Ads21 (@ads21) said on 24th October 2010, 18:40

It will also be hilarious to see people perform hypocritical u-turns with their views on team orders should Button help Lewis in the next race despite still being mathematically in the title race

• US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 19:17

Not just that, but he basically needs ALL his rivals to falter, and not just once, but in the cases of Webber and Alonso, he’d need them to falter in both races, and then at least finish ahead of Vettel and Hamilton in both races.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 21:06

That’s assuming they will. That’s even assuming Button is ahead of Hamilton for once. And their stance would be a lot more sound than the “Massa can’t win it anyway” reasoning of Hockenheim, especially as any situation that necessitates Button moving over would mean he would have been out of the championship by the end of the race anyway.

Anyway on a personal note the only thing that bothers me anymore is that those infamous 7 points were gained illegally. Massa didn’t want to give them up, Button probably “will” (he won’t want to but will play the team game).

And as a flip side, I wonder how many would complain if Button gave up a win for Hamilton?

• I’d complain until I was blue in the face if he appears to have been told to move over…
            It’s against the rules and it goes against everything good sportsmanship means to me.

However, if I think that Button made the decision to move over in order to help his team mate… Then I’d applaud loudly…
            As that would be great team work.

@Ads21, There is a world of difference between now, 2 races to go, When mathematically it would take a miracle for Button to win, than in hock, where Massa was only 8 points (old money) behind Alonso, and still “in the running”.

• Ads21 (@ads21) said on 25th October 2010, 11:15

“I wonder how many would complain if Button gave up a win for Hamilton?”

I woudn’t complain at all, I wouldn’t like it since I like Button more that Hamilton, but realistically Hamilton needs to win in Brazil to keep his/McLarens title hopes alive.

• Hamilton needs no help from anyone.let the team give him a good car and he will race to win.

• baracca said on 24th October 2010, 12:52

He needs a bit more than that. Let’s suppose (big IF) that Lewis wins the next 2 races: 260 points

Fernando would need 29 points to win, not very hard for him unless he toasts his engine in Brazil.

Mark would need 40 and his max would be 38 (two 2nds) so that’s it. Still, Lewis is depending on a big screw-up by Fernando, on top of winning the next 2 races. A bit like Kimi in 07. Hard but not impossible.

• Enigma (@enigma) said on 24th October 2010, 16:49

Actually it’s 36 for two 2nds. And Kimi was 17 points behind, which is almost two wins, whereas Hamilton is now 21 points behind, which is less than a win.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 10:45

Yeh I hope that’s just PR or McLaren will have made yet another mistake this season.

14. Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 10:52

Red Bull have to start supporting Webber but only in specific circumstances. If they’d already started favouring him that decision would have been a big boob without Vettel’s retirement. So they can’t afford to put all their eggs in one basket because anything could yet happen. But if they’re together on the race track and either behind Alonso or just ahead, then Vettel should let Webber through.

McLaren might want the WCC but that’s a longer shot than the driver’s championship for them. Sacrifice Button for Hamilton, they might even get more points overall if it gives Hamilton a win. There really is the barest of hopes for Button and he can say what he wants to the camera but it’ll be the wrong decision to split resources.

15. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 24th October 2010, 10:56

Well I feel sorry for Jenson, but other than that, it is great! We now have 4 drivers with a realistic chance of the title and Vettel is fast at the moment. If in Brazil, Hamilton won from Vettel, Webber, Button and Alonso respectively, the championship would look like this:

Drivers Points
    Alonso 241
    Webber 235
    Hamilton 235
    Vettel 224
    Button 201

Consequently, Button would be out of it but it would set up the perfect finale in Abu Dhabi, where my money is on Vettel.

• baracca said on 24th October 2010, 13:00

Well, with that score in Brazil Vettel would need a lot more than winning in Abu Dhabi for the WDC. A 2nd for Webber or Ham or a 6th for Alonso would ruin it. A pretty conservative race for Fernando would give him the WDC unless a disaster happened.