Korean Grand Prix result

6 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 18 37 laps 7 laps
4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 18 37 laps 2.487

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

31 comments on Korean Grand Prix result

1. DaveW said on 24th October 2010, 10:07

Championship quality drive from Alonso. Nice work. I expected Hamilton to eat him up as the tires went off, as he and his car are so good in the wet, but he was amazing.

2. US_Peter (@us_peter) said on 24th October 2010, 10:19

Well surprise surprise. Vettel gets screwed by his team yet again. How many points have they cost him now? He must be starting to get nervous about another year with them.

• … Well, A) The team is actually trying to help him to win, and B) The engine was manufactured by Renault.

• Santi said on 24th October 2010, 10:30

Exactly, I think the team is not to blame here, since Webber is not having those reliability issues. Today it was not Vettel’s fault, but most of his DNFs are his own fault…

• Are we sure it was the engine that gave up?

• IffNav said on 24th October 2010, 10:56

Something’s rotten when it’s only them with those issues. Car config does play a role, no matter what they say.

Therefore…put the blame on a third party again?

Boring, isn’t it?

BTW, ALO & HAM, again.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 11:11

I keep saying this, but if it’s okay to have the best car then it’s okay if it breaks down once in a while. Can’t have it all ways.

• GeeMac (@geemac) said on 24th October 2010, 11:21

The voice of reason Icthyes! You can’t have your cake and eat it, reliablility issues are part of grand prix racing. Vettel will just have to put his big boy pants on and deal with it. The same way all of the other championship contenders have has to deal with technical problems this year.

3. Liuzzi and Schumacher can be very proud of themselves :)

4. Enigma (@enigma) said on 24th October 2010, 10:38

Where’s Yamamoto? Not retired nor classified? :)

5. David Smith said on 24th October 2010, 10:40

I think the most dire performance we saw today was by Jonathan Legard :) There is not enough space here to write about him today.
    Is there anyone at the BBC I can write to?

6. James said on 24th October 2010, 10:50

I cant wait to watch this one on iplayer, when my hangover clears up!

• liedra said on 24th October 2010, 11:00

you only get up to about lap 40 on the iplayer replay! it then switched to bbc2 and they don’t seem to be making that available :-(

7. Alexi (@alexi) said on 24th October 2010, 10:59

Today Button tasted a bit of Schumacher’s luck on strategy this year. Seems like his new approach of taking risks backfired.

8. Calum said on 24th October 2010, 11:00

What happened at the start? I’m guessing it was postponed/held back a bit given that my alarm didn’t go off and I got up at UK 8:30, with only 15 laps done :/
    I was raging at my alarm thinking I had missed 3/4 of the race before I realised it was 15 gone, not to go, then webber spun…

9. Raveen said on 24th October 2010, 11:10

At last liuzzi has proved his critics wrong.

10. damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 24th October 2010, 11:27

Wow Senna and Kovalainen were unlucky not to score! Imagine if they did, it would make HRT better than Virgin! :P

11. Steph said on 24th October 2010, 11:41

As happy as I am for Ferrari there are several drivers I feel really sorry for and I don’t even like half of them.

Webber was due a mistake but honestly in those conditions it’s so easy to do and a wet race like this at the end of the season is just a lottery. I know it’s who makes the most of the circumstances but he was unfortunate in some ways.

Vettel was surpreme and didn’t deserve the failure. For me though, and given his Abu Dhabi form last year I think he could win this title. I really don’t want him to after his mistakes but he’s due some luck after the failures unless he’s getting a failure for every mistake he’s made which is cruel karma.

Rosberg could have had his first win today he was so unlucky.

Petrov had a cracking race and was up to seventh at one point but he just made a mistake. He looked distraught.

Everyone was making mistakes today so I feel sorry for everyone who failed to finish except maybe Sutil who wanted to hit everything that moved. Good race from his teammate though bet Fixy is happy!

12. sulzerpower said on 24th October 2010, 11:50

Ref the Jonathan Legard comment, I must say I’ve never laughed so much during F1 commentary in the 17 years I’ve been watching, not at them, but with some of the comments Brundle was making. King of the one liners.

13. serowman said on 24th October 2010, 20:09

With Sebs blow up,has he used all of his engines?