Rate the race: Korea

What did you think of the Korean Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Korean Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (4%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (3%)
  • 5 (5%)
  • 6 (7%)
  • 7 (15%)
  • 8 (25%)
  • 9 (17%)
  • 10 (19%)

Total Voters: 3,790

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Korean Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Korean Grand Prix articles

215 comments on Rate the race: Korea

1. Ron in Michigan said on 24th October 2010, 10:13

I voted a, on the sheer fact that i just watched 5 hours and 10 minutes (and running) of F1. As an F1 fan it really doesn’t get any better.

P.S.
    Ok, if Hamilton had won it would’ve been better.

2. adaptalis said on 24th October 2010, 10:14

Hard for me to vote objectively seeing how front-row lockout converted to 0 points.

5 for the several pieces of action. Good drive by the top 4. Tedious wait and unreasonable SC period. Most passes missed on coverage. Overtakes mostly due to driver errors. Dirty dirty cars.

3. Johnny86 said on 24th October 2010, 10:15

Can someone tell me what vettel told the team in german after 42 laps were completed??

• baracca said on 25th October 2010, 0:15

don’t remember exactly, something like “it’s too dark to see” Which translates into: Ok, now it’s already full points for the race, my tyres are shot, my engine’s about to bust, Nando and Lewis are breathing up my neck, please call it quits ASAP!!.

4. codesurge said on 24th October 2010, 10:15

I’d rate it at 8. The race was good after things got underway, though much of it was down to the slippery conditions (rain + new track surface). Would’ve loved to see more laps under racing conditions.

All credit to Alonso for holding it together as the RBRs DNFed.

5. SoerenKaae (@soerenkaae) said on 24th October 2010, 10:15

Not really worth a 10 guys. I gave it 5 five, largely the only action was idiots from FI or Toro Rosso crashing into the sides of everyone else. There was not a real battle up front the only thing being Alonso overtaking Hamilton because a mistake by the brit.

• My feeling entirely. Most things were missed by the cameras, and the commentators. I use the live timing screen, and I saw more action looking at numbers than I got from the tv.

6. Randy said on 24th October 2010, 10:18

Brilliant compelling motorsport in extremely adverse conditions. Easily the best race of the season. 9/10!!!

The only disappointment was the politics being played by the Red Bull squadron. Perhaps I am misinterpreting events but it seemed to me they were trying to gain an advantage by forcing a cancellation or a half points race. Both Webber’s behavior during the delay and Vettel’s comments re: light conditions at the end smacked of manipulation to me.

F1 Fanatics please let me know your opinion on this.

• East Londoner said on 24th October 2010, 10:29

If that’s the case, then karma’s a bitch for Red Bull.

I can’t see why there was that stupidness at the start. I’ve seen races run in much worse conditions in the last 15 years (Belgium 98, China 09 for starters). Because of the suspension, I gave it an 8. The end laps were compelling.

• Robbie said on 24th October 2010, 10:30

I would but I stopped watching it intently when the race was stopped, only had it on in the background and only became interested again when they started it again…. unti I zoned out once more until they told us the SC was coming in.

Don’t know anything about these politics.

• S.J.M said on 24th October 2010, 10:58

Found it all Hilarious, we had Vettel before his engine went saying it was too dark to see the braking points and 2 minutes later Lewis saying it was fine when asked the same question. Vettel said post-race that his visor was “medium”, as to say thats why. Now i hate to use Lewis as another example, but his was heavily tinted from what i saw even when it was raining… so maybe it was tactical play by the Bulls. Hard to tell for sure though. As for the rain comments, RBR was leading the WDC & WCC so naturally they want to protect their leads, if the race didnt start then they would have had a 1-2 from quali positions, and would still be leading both. I defy any team not to have done the same, and this is coming from someone that is no RBR fan at all.

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 24th October 2010, 11:17

I was thinking shades of Monaco 1984 with Prost trying to stop the race early before Senna could pass him.

• I am sure that was what Vettel was getting at, and I must admit to a cheer when his engine blew.

However, Webber is the president of the GPDA, and therefore his concerns would have been based on the consideration he had to give – as the driver’s rep – as to whether or not it was safe to race in such conditions.

7. I really enjoyed the race… When it started.

I gave it a 7, A fair bit of drama, But I suspect I would have chosen an 8 or 9 if it had a standing start.

8. 30 laps behind SC- 1
    rest laps- 10
    —–
    I say 7

9. zecks said on 24th October 2010, 10:22

big thanks to buemi for fulfilling my turn 3 big smash prophecy

good drive from MSC also

10. Ben Curly said on 24th October 2010, 10:22

Could be better, I think people are overrating it a little bit. It was delayed way too much. After all these are racing drivers, and they should have skills and equipment to race in the rain. Other than that, we had some good, entertaining mid field battles and a loads of bad luck at the front. It was definitely above average, but far from great: 6/10.

11. JamesC1991 said on 24th October 2010, 10:23

Gutted for Vettel,drove a brilliant race,robbed of victory
    smug face Alonso cannot win this championship or I will be very annoyed.
    7/10 mainly thanks to Sutil’s mad driving

12. Sammy said on 24th October 2010, 10:25

Jense is out there blaming the car…wow, this guy. Lost massive respect for him. Car was ‘undrivable’ was it? well your teammate finished on the podium.

• he had a different setup and strategy, it just fell apart

• Santi said on 24th October 2010, 10:43

Strategy? he couldn’t overtake on the track, so he took the gamble of the tires and wished for luck. The same way in which he won his only 2 GPs this season… I’m very glad that Hamilton is pulling away from him.

13. Good race but the hour and a half delay was extremely tedious. The race itself was ok but there wasn’t much overtaking among the leaders, only mistakes or car failures.

Anyway am happy that Fernando won. Now he’s got to take this championship.

14. 9/10. It p***ed me off on how some drivers did not want to race at the start, but none the less great race.

15. F1Observer said on 24th October 2010, 10:29

A slow start but looking at the forecast on Saturday, I was expecting the race to be abandoned. However, once it got going, it really started to test the driver’s skills. Overall 9/10. Shame about Jenson though; it’s essentially taken him out of the running…

Out of interest how many engines do the top 4 have available now? Are they all running old engines? Will Vettel have to use a fresh engine for the next race and incur a grid penalty?