Williams were on course for fifth and sixth places with five laps to go before their drivers hit trouble. They ended up with seventh and tenth which keeps them behind Force India in the constructors’ championship.
|Rubens Barrichello||Nico H?â??lkenberg|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’37.511 (-0.109)||1’37.620|
Complained that he was held up by Michael Schumacher in Q2 but made it through to Q3 anyway, where he qualified tenth. The two Cosworth-powered Williams cars were at the bottom of the speed trap figures in qualifying.
He ran wide at turn four at the start, falling behind H?â??lkenberg and Adrian Sutil – but took one place back when Sutil went off on the next lap.
Pit stops and retirements promoted him to fifth place by the dying stages but he went off on lap 52, allowing Robert Kubica and Vitantonio Liuzzi past.
Felt he would have made it into Q3 had it not been for a mistake at turn 12 on his fastest lap. As it was Barrichello pipped him by a tenth of a second.
He passed Robert Kubica on lap 26 but pitting for intermediates on the lap before the safety car came out cost him places to Barrichello and Vitaly Petrov.
Towards the end of the race a slow puncture caused an off-track moment and a pit stop for fresh tyres, dropping him out of the points.
He recovered to snatch the final point for tenth off Jaime Alguersuari on the final lap.
Sam Michael said:
They were monitoring a tyre pressure leak, but suddenly it accelerated, so they had to pit. Nico did well to recover from the Safety Car and his puncture to score a point for the team.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others