Jaime Alguersuari came close to end a point-less streak that stretched back to the Spanish Grand Prix.
Team mate Sebastien Buemi endured a messy race and eventually picked up a penalty for crashing into Timo Glock.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’38.594 (+0.741)||1’37.853|
Buemi hit two drivers within three laps after taking on intermediates on lap 19.
Contact with Heikki Kovalainen was more of a setback for the Lotus that the Toro Rosso.
Impressively out-qualified his team mate by three-quarters of a second. Unlike Buemi he didn’t make an early pit stop for intermediate tyres so he gained places off the Sauber drivers but fell back behind them later on.
Started the last lap in tenth place but couldn’t hold back the recovering Nico Hülkenberg who had much fresher tyres on.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)