Korean Grand Prix
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner described claims that driver Mark Webber tried to take one of his championship rivals out during the Korean Grand Prix as “absurd”.
After crashing into a wall on lap 19 of the race Webber’s car swung into the path of Nico Rosberg.
The Mercedes driver was running fourth at the time in between Webber’s championship rivals Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.
Gerhard Berger was quoted saying it was “clear” Webber hoped to take another driver out after crashing during the Korean Grand Prix, adding “He took out Rosberg, but it was the wrong one. I think in his mind he would have preferred Alonso or Hamilton.”
As with every incident in Formula One, opinions will always be made without all the facts. Just to be absolutely clear ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Mark?óÔé¼Ôäós intention was not to take out another driver after his crash in the Korean Grand Prix and it?óÔé¼Ôäós ridiculous to suggest otherwise.
After Mark?óÔé¼Ôäós impact with the wall, it was clear on the TV and from the data that his car was badly damaged. However, the natural and immediate instinct of any competitive driver is not to give up and to keep going.
In the atrocious conditions, Mark made the snap decision to continue as every driver would in that situation ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ it?óÔé¼Ôäós absurd to suggest that Mark would ever deliberately take out another driver.
Rosberg also questioned Webber’s actions during the crashsaying it was “crazy” of him to allow his car to roll back across the track.
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others