Brazilian Grand Prix
Brazilian Grand Prix pole sitter Nico H?â??lkenberg says he’s “enjoying the moment” after putting his Williams on pole position for the first time in his career.
Speaking in the press conference after qualifying he said:
It’s amazing, I still can’t believe that I’ve done it. A big, big thank you to the team, they got a good car together for qualifying.
To go on slicks was obviously the right decision. My engineer told me on my last lap I was good in the rankings already and I was just squeezing everything out of my car I could, trying to do a very smooth lap and not get on any wet parts and make a mistake.
A very nice surprise for us it’s great to be on pole. I’m very, very happy obviously and just enjoying the moment.
Sebastian Vettel, who shares the front row with the Williams driver, said:
At first I thought I’d missed pole by a tenth but then I saw the other digit was a four instead of a five so it was one second!
Congratulations to Nico, it was very tricky in these conditions, very easy to do a mistake. Obviously we were targeting for pole but Nico was better than all of us today.
2010 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend
- Red Bull win teams title but risk throwing drivers championship away
- Alonso loses the battle but he’s winning the war
- Poor pace spells end of McLaren’s title hopes
- H?â??lkenberg eighth after pole position
- Mercedes seal fourth in constructors’ championship
- Brazil sees most race finishers since 1952
- Force India fall behind Williams in teams’ title
- Kubica frustrated by H?â??lkenberg’s defence
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others