Rate the race: Brazilian Grand Prix

Brazilian Grand Prix

What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (5%)
  • 4 (7%)
  • 5 (12%)
  • 6 (21%)
  • 7 (26%)
  • 8 (18%)
  • 9 (6%)
  • 10 (0%)

Total Voters: 1,574

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

163 comments on Rate the race: Brazilian Grand Prix

1. As a ferrari fan im shocked that redbull let the result end this way. My dislike for rbr is growing, i used to like both their drivers. The look on marks face says it all. I felt sad for him. If i was him, id take out my teammate next round, ensuring rbr dont get the driver wdc at all.

• Maciek said on 7th November 2010, 18:08

“As a ferrari fan im shocked that redbull let the result end this way”

What’s one got to do with the other?

• bosyber said on 7th November 2010, 18:12

I suppose as a Ferrari fan one is very much aware that team orders can be issued, and Red Bull making it impossible for themselves to support Webber for the WDC exclusively is incomprehensible.

• monsol said on 7th November 2010, 18:18

May its because Seb still has a (slim) chance? Or because they would favor Seb but not Mark?

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:01

I think it is a bit of both, although I sensed from Horner, that it is a bit of a thankyou to Seb up front as they expect he will have to move over for Mark next race to get the WDC.

• and Red Bull making it impossible for themselves to support Webber for the WDC exclusively is incomprehensible.

Is not incomprehensible, it is just RBR is making everything to support Vettel for the WDC.

• andrewf1 said on 7th November 2010, 18:13

meaning vettel should’ve let webber past. im a mclaren fan and im shocked RBR didnt do that either. ok, not shocked, but still, they are risking things big time now.

2. Guilherme (@the_philosopher) said on 7th November 2010, 18:05

9/10.

It is by far and away the track with most overtaking opportunities in dry conditions, there were some good battles going on through the field and the safety car in the end created some chaos in the midfield, which was nice too see (even though I think some drivers were acting like idiiots when they were being lapped – most notably Sutil and Buemi).

I didn’t give it a 10 because it lacked a bit of drama =P

Now, on the result: I was really hoping Hamilton would finish ahead of Alonso. Now I’ll have to support Webber’s title bid now, but Jesus, his lack of speed since Italy (compared to Vettel) has been just depressing.

Ah, an congratulations to Red Bull on a well deserved Constructors Title!

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 7th November 2010, 18:28

9/10 Are you serious? This was one of the most boring processional, dull, drab and awful races we’ve had this season.

I rated , Canada 10 and Turkey 10 9’s the only races i’ve ever raterd that high. This was barley a 4.

Still your entitled to your opinion, even if you are trolling.

• Guilherme (@the_philosopher) said on 7th November 2010, 18:38

Trolling? How come what I said can be considered trolling? As I am entitled to my opinion, so you are entitled to yours, but I think you were a bit unfair with me there.

I don’t like to compare races to come up with a conclusion on how to rate. Out of my expectations for a dry race, I think this race matched most of them.

In my opinion, processional races were Bahrain, Catalunya, Valencia, Hungaroring… and I didn’t race those races lower than 4!

I think we got a little bit used to the thrilling races we had here in the last 4 years. Probably people had too much expectations with this race (or didn’t like the result…)

• Maciek (@maciek) said on 7th November 2010, 19:01

Geez Scribe, that’s totally uncalled for. Calling someone a troll just because you disagree with them is pretty close to, well, you know, like trolling.

Anyhoo, are you really rating the race – or just the result?

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 7th November 2010, 19:06

No seriously if Ferrari had 1-2 in Canada i’d have 9ined it. If it had been Massa and Alonso following the Redbulls in Turkey again it would have been just as exciting. The reason McLaren victories have have been so good this year is because there car isn’t far enough to win straight victories, hence when the do win it’s tended to be a chaotic action packed ride.

This was just a plain boring race in which no on track action of significance really went on. After the first lap we Knew what the top 4’s result was going to be. An when Hamilton appeared in front of Button after his stop we knew what all the championship contenders where in for. How boring is that?

Sorry for acusations of trolling, uncalled for but I confess myself so baffled by that rating of this race I thought you may have been pulling our collective legs.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:03

I think you are letting your emotions run a bit too free from the disappointment of McLaren just not being fast enough today here.

A 9/10 seems far to much to me as well, as the race was not all that exiting, but a 6 or a 7 would not be too much as the race had quite a lot of interesting moments and overtakes on track.

• Scribe (@scribe) said on 7th November 2010, 19:08

Don’t worry about me BasCB, I’m more than capable of being neutral in a title battle and keeping my emotions in check. I’ve managed it enough times in McLarens recent history.

From the neutrals perspective, whose never seen an F1 race before, that was boring. I’d never show that race to someone I was trying to get into F1. Canada, of course I would.

3. Maciek said on 7th November 2010, 18:05

I thought that was a pretty good one – the only disappointment for me was not seeing Webber’s efforts behind Vettel come to fruition, though I’m trying to not read anything fishy into his engine ‘apparently’ overheating for a while. Anyhoo, my beef with the safety car rules is that, although I feel that backmarkers should not be blue flagged in race conditions, I do think that lapped cars should be forced to move to the back behind the safety car. Who knows what finish we may have had if the leaders had been bunched up so close to the end? Still, an 8 for me; it may not have been the most exciting race, but I thought we saw some really solid driving from the top drivers and that in itself was a good watch.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:04

I rated it a 7/10 but i pretty much agree with your comments on what made it good and the backmarkers behind the SC.

4. Sammy said on 7th November 2010, 18:07

Not an enjoyable race. There was hope during the SC restart, but unfortunately the back-markers between the contenders ruined that a lill bit.

5. The Limit said on 7th November 2010, 18:08

The race was over as soon as the Red Bulls passed Hulkenberg’s Williams and never looked back. The big winner today was without a doubt Fernando Alonso. If Mark Webber had won today he would only have a one point lead in the championship going into Abu Dhabi. Now he has breathing space.
    For McLaren it is practically over. Button is out and Hamilton needs so many things to go his way it makes finishing fifth in Brazil two years ago look almost easy by comparison.
    The race offered me no surprises really, but for Hulkenberg’s pole I would have said the grands prix was quite ordinary. I gave it 7/10.

6. Big letdown, gave it a 6.

7. monsol said on 7th November 2010, 18:12

Fernando Alonso overtook Lewis Hamilton on track. Even if the race was rather boring, that was worth a 9.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 18:17

It really must be a real big deal for Alonso fans! The fact that Hamilton’s car had zero adherence and is way worse than the Ferrari might have something to do with it, but hey, enjoy the little victories. Going to be a bit ironic (okay: immensely enjoyable) if Hamilton takes 3rd at Abu Dhabi ahead of Alonso and ensures a Red Bull driver victory.

• monsol said on 7th November 2010, 18:20

Zero adherence my ***. Send the guy to driver school.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 18:25

As I remember, Hamilton learnt from the best in 2007 – Alonso. And promptly beat him. Your turn!

• Clockwork Kitty said on 7th November 2010, 18:31

With massive help from McL who were “basically racing against him” and giving him a Minardi with McL livery after Hungary. And even so he didn’t get one single point ahead.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 18:37

So that’s why Alonso was asking McLaren to hold Hamilton back as early as Canada? Not to mention Monaco. If you remember FIA were even called in to check Alonso was getting the same car and treatment. Yes, in the final races McLaren (Dennis) were racing him – after he tried to blackmail his own team over data theft he himself was involved in. But you know all that.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 18:38

Damn, I ate the troll bait.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 7th November 2010, 18:38

Sorry, but that’s a ridiculous exagguration. Alonso didn’t get much emotional support from the team, but was given sufficient and equal equipment despite being petulant in Hungary.

• monsol said on 7th November 2010, 19:51

“Yes, in the final races McLaren (Dennis) were racing him – after he tried to blackmail his own team over data theft he himself was involved in. But you know all that.”

If McL were cheating, spying and lying the fault was theirs, they can’t blame Alonso.

• Astonished said on 7th November 2010, 22:52

Anger is bad for health. Blood pressure goes up, take it easy.

• Unless it isn’t a strike from clear sky, what happens in field is up to the drivers (we are talking about classic drivers in classy cars). You have to admit Alonso passed Hamilton, and did it the second time in a row. Hulkenberg didn’t comitted the mistake for example, Hamilton did twice.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:06

Maybe have Hamilton get in 2nd right behind Webber in Abu Dhabi would do that job nicely.

• Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 7th November 2010, 18:33

Alonso didn’t really pass Hamilton, Lewis was forced into an error for the second time in two races – errors that he really shouldn’t have made.

• Sammy said on 7th November 2010, 18:37

I dont think it was an error so much as it was Ferrari’s superior traction out of corners, you could clearly see that onboard

• Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 7th November 2010, 18:41

No it was an error, Hamilton ran wide on entry, missed the apex and then lost traction over the kerbs, which allowed Alonso to pass. Whether or not he was distracted by Alonso’s feint attack I don’t know.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 18:55

Hamilton clearly had no grip at the start and complained as much on the radio after a few laps. Alonso has overtaken Ham with skill, guile and sometimes aggression on other occasions – this time it was just car superiority though.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:08

Actually it was an error that enabled Alonso to pass Hamilton.
            I feel, that Hamilton has bin a bit frustrated all weekend to see his title chances slip away from here this weekend and thats why he made some mistakes and kept complaining about the handling.

• David BR said on 7th November 2010, 20:12

Or he was simply pushing the car beyond its limits, hence the loss of handling and forced errors. I’m most so much excusing Hamilton as moaning about McLaren making absolutely no ground up on Red Bull and Ferrari in the second half of the season. That seems bad given their resources. Guess it’s all relative though.

• Astonished said on 7th November 2010, 22:57

Core Lewis supporters usually dismissed Button “whinning” about “undrivable cars”… Apparently when Lewis complain he is worth of more trust.

Interesting.

• Clockwork Kitty said on 8th November 2010, 0:25

Alonso didn’t really pass Hamilton,

According to what definition of passing would that be?

• Noname said on 8th November 2010, 12:49

Probably this one: “It’s only an overtake when Hamilton does the overtaking. If he gets overtaken it’s only because of an error/because of the car.”

8. Just trying to get the point across that even though i cheer against rbr i feel bad for mark.

• monsol said on 7th November 2010, 18:16

Yep, agreed. RBR certainly deserved the WCC, but Seb and Mark hardly seem to deserve the WDC. They should have been first and second mathematically several races ago.

• Guilherme (@the_philosopher) said on 7th November 2010, 18:21

Because they are actually racing each other. They don’t have a rear gunner, and, in my opinion, it will only value their titles even more if they win.

In the case of Webber absolutely. If he wins, he will deserve the title much more than any other driver keeping in mind the support he has had from RBR.

• ooopps! wrong quote.

the right one for my comment was:

t will only value their titles even more if they win.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:10

Good job on them I think.
          Sure I would have liked Webber to have a chance at Vettel after the SC as well as fancying a Hamilton/Alonso fight, but Vettel was in front and drove very well today (again, a win from the front) and it just did not happen.

• RaulZ said on 8th November 2010, 13:20

NO no no, because they’re racing each other they lost 25 points in Turkey.

The rest reasons are their performance in race, their reliability, driver’s mistakes, team mistakes, having commitments with Marko or with who knows who…

9. Alexi said on 7th November 2010, 18:14

8/10

Lacked a bit of action in the middle but it was great to see things turning out alright for Alonso. Besides it was pretty insane how Rosberg pitted three times and still ended up ahead of Schumi and Kubica.

• becasue Kubica went to pits onthe same lap as Hulk – so he had no chance to make quicker laps to pass him. While everbody else did by pitting earlier or later than Hulk. It annoyed me really.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:11

He should have done like Hamilton did an run another few laps to get past the Hulk.

• exactly – Hulk was just in fornt of him,, he saw he is going to pit – so he should delay his own pit by a few quick laps. Pity it didn’t happen. And then he seemed unable to overtake him all the race. A bit strange.

10. Andrewf1 got it :)`

11. So how about HULK? I think he didn’t impress so much, yesterday it was all about more grip, really.

• Dan Thorn (@dan-thorn) said on 7th November 2010, 18:20

I think he did the most that could have really been expected of him – he wasn’t fast enough to get away with pitting early, so all the people behind him who pitted inevitably got past. I thought his defending of Alonso and Hamilton was brilliant.

• For me he rather defended than was racing, so like he didn’t care about pace but about to hold current position. In effect he was annoyingly slow – everybody who pitted before or after him gained significantly – BUT, ROS, MSC, – while Kubica was the only one who pitted on the same lap as HUL and that’s why was stuck behing him all the race.

12. Prateek727 said on 7th November 2010, 18:16

I think if you go back and review the race, you’d find there were plenty of neat passes, especially in the first half. However none were really consequential in terms of the championship scenario, which proves that there are far more important variables than raw overtaking that go into producing an entertaining Sunday.

13. Scribe (@scribe) said on 7th November 2010, 18:18

Awfull, 4/10. From my favourite track, with a interesting pole sitter. Redbulls did there usuall domination thing, Vettle was as boring to watch as ever, Mark didn’t get a chance to challenge him. Saftey car which should have added so much excitement completley failed too. Redbull handed the drivers title to Alonso in an act of brazen stupidity you wouldn’t belive if it hadn’t just happened.

Still sets things up for a tense title decider in Abu Dhabi I guess, still how disapointing.

On the saftey car, maybe unlapping is a bit extreme but maybe cars not on the lead lap could pull out on the straight or something, let the lead cars through then form up behind? Couldn’t be that hard.

• I tend to agree with your safety car suggestion. Surely the rule could be changed to something like, “passing under yellow flag conditions is prohibited unless the car in front is lapped traffic”. Or maybe the lapped traffic rule should be changed to be a bit like professional cycling, if you get lapped that’s the end of your race. I think it is quiet ridiculous that lapped traffic can affect the outcome of races. It also removes one avenue by which drivers can cheat.

14. DaveW said on 7th November 2010, 18:21

Boring. Very Boring. Even a late SC period couldnt spice it up.

The snooze button was hit when when Hamilton couldn’t hold Alonso back because that was his single real aim for the race; it would have tighted up the whole title race more; and it would have installed a bona fide battle for the race. It’s ironic that this is the corner where he ran wide trying to pass Alonso in 07 and lost the plot.

• BasCB said on 7th November 2010, 19:13

I think the snooze factor was when Vettel and a bit later Webber got past the Hulk before he got good grip in his tyres and got into a groove to defend.

15. Eggry (@eggry) said on 7th November 2010, 18:22