Toro Rosso race review
Jaime Alguersuari finished 11th for the third race in a row while Sebastien Buemi had an eventful race from 20th on the grid.
|Sebastien Buemi||Jaime Alguersuari|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’19.847 (+0.266)||1’19.581|
Seventh-quickest in wet practice on Saturday morning but was out-qualified by his team mate for the fourth race in a row:
I am very disappointed with the way this qualifying went, especially after I had been quick in the morning session.
I think that maybe we made the switch to Intermediates a bit too early in Q2 as the track was drying out. By the time the track had dried more, my tyres were no longer in the best condition, so I could not exploit the dry track.
His penalty from Korea dropped him to 20th on the grid and he was fortunate to avoid a second penalty for holding up Nico Rosberg in Q2.
Buemi was up to 15th by the end of lap one and then passed Kamui Kobayashi for 14th.
Kobayashi came back past him on lap 55 but when Felipe Massa tried to do the same he and Buemi banged wheels, tipping the Ferrari into a spin.
Adrian Sutil muscled his way around the outside of the Toro Rosso six laps later, leaving Buemi 13th at the flag.
For the third race in a row Alguersuari finished one place outside of the points in 11th.
And, just as in Korea two weeks ago, he lost tenth place late in the race, when he was passed by Kobayashi.
Aside from that he had a far less eventful race than his team mate.
2010 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend
- Red Bull win teams title but risk throwing drivers championship away
- Alonso loses the battle but he’s winning the war
- Poor pace spells end of McLaren’s title hopes
- H?‚??lkenberg eighth after pole position
- Mercedes seal fourth in constructors’ championship
- Brazil sees most race finishers since 1952
- Force India fall behind Williams in teams’ title
- Kubica frustrated by H?‚??lkenberg’s defence
Image ?ť?ģ Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others