Force India race review
Force India have fallen behind Williams in the constructors’ championship with one race remaining.
|Adrian Sutil||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’20.830 (+0.238)||1’20.592|
Force India have been having a difficult enough time getting through qualifying at the moment without their drivers making it harder for themselves. That’s exactly what happened in Brazil, as Liuzzi went off at Mergulho and came back on the track in front of Sutil, spoiling his lap.
That left Sutil 18th which became 22nd when his five-place penalty from Korea was added (gaining one place because Sebastien Buemi was also penalised).
Starting so low down Sutil used the harder tyres for his first stint. He ran longer than any other driver, staying out until lap 50, by which time he had risen to seventh with a train of cars behind him.
His pit stop dropped him to 13th and he was then passed by Felipe Massa – though Ferrari driver went off shortly afterwards, handing Sutil’s place back.
He ended the race 12th after a wheel-banging pass around the outside of Buemi at the Senna S.
Had a generally unremarkable race, running at the tail of the midfield pack, before crashing heavily at the Senna S on lap 50:
Unfortunately I had been struggling with the brakes all race and then going into the second corner something on the car let go and I couldn’t turn in. The car just went straight on and into the barriers.
2010 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend
- Red Bull win teams title but risk throwing drivers championship away
- Alonso loses the battle but he’s winning the war
- Poor pace spells end of McLaren’s title hopes
- H?â??lkenberg eighth after pole position
- Mercedes seal fourth in constructors’ championship
- Brazil sees most race finishers since 1952
- Force India fall behind Williams in teams’ title
- Kubica frustrated by H?â??lkenberg’s defence
Image ?é?® Force India F1 Team
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others