HRT race review
Another double finish for HRT but once again they brought up the rear in qualifying and the race.
|Christian Klien||Bruno Senna|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’23.083 (-0.713)||1’23.796|
Returned to take Sakon Yamamoto’s place for a second race, and is likely to be in the cockpit again at Abu Dhabi.
Fuel pressure problems before the start of the race meant he lost four laps but he completed enough to be classified, albeit six laps down:
Unfortunately, the car stopped on the way to the grid due to fuel pressure problems. But the mechanics did a very good job and managed to fix the car so that we could go in the race after four laps.
The race was a test for us in order to gain some race kilometers. The lap times were good and we could keep up with the pace of the other new teams. Due to the problems I had at the beginning, I had more fuel in the car but I could finish the race with constant lap times.
Qualified last but revealed afterwards that the team hadn’t given him a fresh second set of intermediates in Q1, with which he might have been able to better his time.
Had a quiet race, slipping back from the faster new teams’ cars but ended up ahead of them when they pitted. Even then he was powerless to keep them behind.
2010 Brazilian Grand Prix
- 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend
- Red Bull win teams title but risk throwing drivers championship away
- Alonso loses the battle but he’s winning the war
- Poor pace spells end of McLaren’s title hopes
- Hülkenberg eighth after pole position
- Mercedes seal fourth in constructors’ championship
- Brazil sees most race finishers since 1952
- Force India fall behind Williams in teams’ title
- Kubica frustrated by Hülkenberg’s defence
Image © Motioncompany