Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Mark Webber said he simply didn’t have the pace to qualify any higher for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
He told reporters after the session:
Of course, to be fifth on the grid is not very good. So it’s disappointing, of course but there’s still a long way to go tomorrow. The fat lady hasn’t sung yet. I would like to be further up but I just couldn’t get the pace. So it’s disappointing.
Asked about how aggressively he would drive at the start of the race from fifth position he said:
We need to be there at the end, of course. A lot of things can still happen in the race.
I haven’t helped things with my performance today but we’ve seen how races can change. The championship hasn’t been decided today but it would have been nice to be further up.
You could be more confident but at the end of the day we’re still in the hunt, that’s the main thing.
2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Steven’s view of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Drivers’ and teams’ end-of-season photographs
- Alonso’s role in Ferrari strategy revealed in pit messages
- Hamilton: McLaren learned a lot in 2010
- Button vows to address qualifying weakness
- Vettel ends season on a high to snatch title
- Ferrari hit back at criticism of race strategy
- McLaren rediscover their form at final race
- New engines help Renault to best result of 2010