Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
According to Tony Fernandes, Richard Branson has agreed to honour his pre-season bet over which of their teams would finish highest in the world championship.
The pair had agreed to serve as an steward on their rival’s airline if they finished behind them in this year’s world championship.
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix confirmed Lotus in tenth place in the constructors’ championship with Virgin 12th behind HRT. Fernandes presented Branson with an AirAsia uniform and pinned an AirAsia stewardess?óÔé¼Ôäó badge on him.
There has been a fantastic spirit of competition between us and Virgin Racing all season and one of the first people to come and congratulate us on the pit wall was Richard.
We have had this great bet running all season and now it?óÔé¼Ôäós time for Richard to start preparing himself for some hard work and the likely pain of a pair of high heels!
We agreed last night that we will run an online charity auction for the seats on our Kuala Lumpur / London route to raise money for a charity of Richard?óÔé¼Ôäós choice and give fans of both teams the chance to be on the flight.
The date of the flight will be announced very soon and the aim is to raise as much money as we can for a good cause so the discomfort Richard will go through is worth as much as it possibly can be!
2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Drivers’ and teams’ end-of-season photographs
- Alonso’s role in Ferrari strategy revealed in pit messages
- Hamilton: McLaren learned a lot in 2010
- Button vows to address qualifying weakness
- Vettel ends season on a high to snatch title
- Ferrari hit back at criticism of race strategy
- McLaren rediscover their form at final race
- New engines help Renault to best result of 2010
- Schumacher not blaming Rosberg for crash