Force India race review
With Williams failing to score Force India had an opportunity to take back sixth place in the constructors’ championship.
But as Vitantonio Liuzzi was eliminated on the first lap and Sutil was unable to break into the top ten, they also weren’t able to pick up any points.
Over the last six races of the year their drivers scored points just twice.
|Adrian Sutil||Vitantonio Liuzzi|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’40.914 (-0.728)||1’41.642|
His best qualifying performance since Monza put him 13th on the grid.
Sutil ran long on his first stint, coming into the pits on lap 47. He narrowly failed to come out ahead of Rubens Barrichello, without which he might have had a chance to get involved in the Alguersuari-Massa-Heidfeld battle for ninth place:
Not such an exciting race for me today as I was driving alone for a lot of the time and then had a late stop as we tried to make up some positions. I came out side by side to Rubens and lost a position, falling into 13th.
It wouldn’t have made any difference as we needed points today and unfortunately we couldn’t get them.
Having changed chassis following his Interlagos crash, Liuzzi qualified 16th, seven-tenths slower than Sutil.
Unfortunately his race ended with another crash after just five corners when he was unable to avoid the spinning Mercedes of Michael Schumacher:
I had a good start, gaining a couple of positions and had got into a good place for the first stint, but then I came round the third corner and saw a cloud of smoke in front.
I couldn’t move anywhere as there were cars all around me and then when the smoke cleared I saw Michael the wrong way round and stopped on track. I couldn’t do anything but thankfully we were both OK after the accident.
2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Drivers’ and teams’ end-of-season photographs
- Alonso’s role in Ferrari strategy revealed in pit messages
- Hamilton: McLaren learned a lot in 2010
- Button vows to address qualifying weakness
- Vettel ends season on a high to snatch title
- Ferrari hit back at criticism of race strategy
- McLaren rediscover their form at final race
- New engines help Renault to best result of 2010
- Schumacher not blaming Rosberg for crash
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others