HRT race review
HRT avoided finishing last in the constructors’ championship following another two-car finish in Abu Dhabi.
|Christian Klien||Bruno Senna|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’45.296 (+0.211)||1’45.085|
Had to have his braking system changed between final practice and qualifying:
It was a difficult day for us and we had problems with the brakes in the third practice. That?óÔé¼Ôäós why we had to change the braking system which then worked better than before. Unfortunately, there was not enough time during the qualifying session to get used to the new set-up and I didn?óÔé¼Ôäót feel very comfortable in the car.
He and Senna pitted for medium tyres under the safety car and ran to the end, Klien finished ten seconds behind his team mate.
After taking on medium tyres at the end of lap one, Senna spent the race chasing Lucas di Grassi.
Although he lost a lot of time being lapped, Senna ended the race just 3.8s behind his countryman, despite the HRTs being a full second slower than the Virgins in qualifying.
2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Drivers’ and teams’ end-of-season photographs
- Alonso’s role in Ferrari strategy revealed in pit messages
- Hamilton: McLaren learned a lot in 2010
- Button vows to address qualifying weakness
- Vettel ends season on a high to snatch title
- Ferrari hit back at criticism of race strategy
- McLaren rediscover their form at final race
- New engines help Renault to best result of 2010
- Schumacher not blaming Rosberg for crash
Image ?é?® Motioncompany